MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 4.0.11 / EDITOR 4.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.0.6 now available, with some firmware and editor fixes and Source Audio Ventris support.
So I updated the firmware and Mac editor to 4.0.6 . and everything seems to work great .Small little thing to note is when I connect the mac editor to my PBC through USB, I get a message saying "Connected to Mastermind version 4.0.4" ( you probably just forgot to rewrite that alert window ... )

Ron, just downloaded and installed 4.06. I have a button with three steps with a different LED color for each step. unfortunately since the update the LED stays on (even when its supposed to be off) and won't change color with each step.

Ron, just downloaded and installed 4.06. I have a button with three steps with a different LED color for each step. unfortunately since the update the LED stays on (even when its supposed to be off) and won't change color with each step.

Please send me your settings file and I'll check it out.

Here you go.

Attachments

• NEW STEREO INV-B OFF Mastermind PBC Master Presets 4.6.18 NEW FW.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Also my tap tempo button isn't flashing, and the PBC isn't sending the correct tempo to my Timeline (the Tonal Recall seems fine though).

Also my tap tempo button isn't flashing, and the PBC isn't sending the correct tempo to my Timeline (the Tonal Recall seems fine though).

Just for your debugging purposes....all of my IA Cycle buttons go through their steps just as they did before I upgraded to 4.0.6....AND, my Timeline receives the correct tempo as well...

Haha! You drew the short straw today man! I'm sure Ron'll figure it out!

Just for your debugging purposes....all of my IA Cycle buttons go through their steps just as they did before I upgraded to 4.0.6....AND, my Timeline receives the correct tempo as well...

Haha! You drew the short straw today man! I'm sure Ron'll figure it out!
Well, at least there's hope! haha

I figured out the tempo thing... just had to set tempo to song, and everything syncs up correctly. Just can't figure out the step buttons. :(

I did have to mess with IA Cycle quite a bit this time, but I didn't specifically look at IA Cycle on local button pages. That's probably where the issue lies... 4.0.7 here we come...

I did have to mess with IA Cycle quite a bit this time, but I didn't specifically look at IA Cycle on local button pages. That's probably where the issue lies... 4.0.7 here we come...
Thanks Ron! Looking forward to it (hopefully soon ;) ).

Hey Ron,
I have a couple other things:
- when editing a song via the PBC, it opens up the next song in the set list instead of the one I'm currently on
- when exiting out of editing mode, the PBC returns to the 1st song in the setlist instead of the song I just edited
- the PBC seems to be sending something to the Tonal Recall which is causing some pitch modulation when changing song presets, even though the Tonal Recall preset doesn't change. It's drastic enough that it sounds like what you are playing is out of tune. It didn't do this on the old FW (3.x) that I just switched from. Can you send me that FW and Editor file (3.19 I think is what it was), I accidentally deleted them when downloading this latest FW and Editor files and would like to revert back until these bugs are worked out.

Thanks,
Bill

You should be able to download the file from your post above.

With the Tonal Recall issue, does the pitch change temporarily or does it stay that way?

The pitch modulation is temporary. It's like there is a small tempo change, but it happens within every song, even when tempo is set to "song".

Found another one today. I have Function Switch 4 controlling the bypass of my Warped Vinyl. It works fine on the IA page where I have a button set to step through the WV's presets and engage/bypass. But in song mode, the WV won't respond to the Function switch commands. If it does, it will engage, but not go back into bypass, or vice versa.

I'm certain I was on 3.1.9 before loading 4.06. I found 3.1.10 but haven't loaded it yet. Are there any major differences between .10 and .9?

I just moved back to 3.1.10 and everything is working correctly with the function switch/WV bypass. Editing on the PBC works correctly too. The pitch modulation on the TR is gone too.

I just moved back to 3.1.10 and everything is working correctly with the function switch/WV bypass. Editing on the PBC works correctly too. The pitch modulation on the TR is gone too.

Can you send me the 3.1.10 version of your settings?

Here you go. This was the file I converted to the 4.06 editor and had all the problems with (but this is the 3.1.10 version that's working fine on that FW).

Check the IA pages (songs 1-12) for the step LED issue, then the modulation issue was first noticeable switching from preset 2 to preset 3 in the song We Believe.

Attachments

• NEW STEREO INV-B OFF Mastermind PBC Master Presets OLD MASTER TR 4.7.18 copy.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I am also having issues with IA Cycle Steps.
I use IA Cycle Steps to edit, program and save Mix Volumes to my devices.
The 1st step or default is None, the next three are the CC's for Mix Volume at different "On Values"
I use one for my H9 and another for my Echolution.
I have just recently noticed the H9 the button will save visually on the PBC but not actually change the CC value on the H9 when recalling the preset.
The button does change the H9's volumes as i press it in real time.
The Echolution button has no issues.
As i chased the problem i noticed some of my prior presets did trigger the assigned CC value and others didn't.
Furthermore when i try to save new CC steps there are some presets it works on and others that don't.
I was not able to find a connection between problems.
I am using 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back