PBC 4.0 beta firmware release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please send me your settings file and I will investigate. Thanks!

Hi Ron. Thanks for reply. My settings file attached.
Live I'm using the song/setlist mode, and have entered tempo for each song.

Attachments

• backup_20180103.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've just look at the editor and i presume there's a bug, cause when i retry an upgrade now it works???

hmmnn.... I 'll look again when I get home.... I know Dry wouldn't turn off from the "switches" page switch the other day... I turned it off from the settings page... but that doesn't allow on and off on the fly

It might be that the button needs to be reassigned. In the editor, right click on the button and Assign CC > Internal > Dry Mix.

The dry signal action changed in 4.0 as part of creating the Input action. The settings conversion should have taken care of the 3.0 to 4.0 changes, but maybe it didn't. I'll investigate it.

It might be that the button needs to be reassigned. In the editor, right click on the button and Assign CC > Internal > Dry Mix.

The dry signal action changed in 4.0 as part of creating the Input action. The settings conversion should have taken care of the 3.0 to 4.0 changes, but maybe it didn't. I'll investigate it.
I just spent 20 min trying to get the "Dry Mix" (button 7) on the switches page to toggle the dry mix on and off on the PBC to no avail. I can set the Dry Mix to off from the settings on the PBC itself and the button has no affect. But can't use any button setting thru the Editor to allow the Dry Mix to be toggled.

No biggie....but thought you would want to know.

What do the button settings look like for the Dry Mix button, when viewed in the editor?

Still not able to connect strymon pedals to Nixie via pbc. Are others experiencing this? If you have succeeded are there certain midi settings I need to change on strymon pedals?

let me send you my file.....easier than me trying to describe something I'm sort of unsure of....

Yes, definitely a conversion issue. Edit the Dry Mix button, select the "Signal #3" action in the left and click Remove Action. Then click New Action, set Type to Audio, subtype to Signal, and the Number field should now read "1: Dry Mix"

Still not able to connect strymon pedals to Nixie via pbc. Are others experiencing this? If you have succeeded are there certain midi settings I need to change on strymon pedals?

There's a bug for sure. For now, the only way you can get it to work is to enter setup on the PBC, select MIDI Settings, then turn MIDI Forward off and back on again. Keep the PBC on that menu and Nixie should connect the next time you have it scan for devices.

I should have a fix for this next week.

Yes, definitely a conversion issue. Edit the Dry Mix button, select the "Signal #3" action in the left and click Remove Action. Then click New Action, set Type to Audio, subtype to Signal, and the Number field should now read "1: Dry Mix"
Just tried that....and I THOUGHT that is how I had it set (I must have sent you a file saved when I was experimenting)....but that still doesn't make it work. On the PBC the display shows Outputs A...B....and D (Dry) is on. The "Dry Mix" button on the Switches page has no effect.

Could there be a setting on the PBC Settings control that over riding turning that "Dry Mix" off?

Ron,
Since this is still BETA, I assume you want to know about any and all issues. I've only found a few so far, but I figured I'd list them here...with the understanding that it could be ME messing up and not really a bug (I've been known to do that :)).
  1. Nixie issue with the USB to MIDI feature not working.
  2. In the editor, for the expression pedal "stored settings", it doesn't save the names when you Read settings from the PBC. As in, I named the first few as needed, sent them to the PBC and they work fine. But if you close the editor, then read the settings from the PBC, the names don't show up in the editor for the "stored settings". It DID retain the name that I gave to the Global Setting.
  3. Dry Mix issue. On my editor (for PC, not Mac) when I create a new IA button, go to Audio>Signal, there are NO options to select from on the next dropdown (the one labeled "Number"). I can't choose "1: Dry Mix" b/c there is literally nothing that populates in this dropdown.
  4. This is just a "want" for the editor on my part. Is there a way to let us "name" the loops on the Audio tab (and let those "names" carry over to the Audio tab within the presets? It sure would be nice to be able to name loop 9 "Timeline" and then see that name everywhere...My memory isn't bad enough yet to forget which is which, but it would just be a nice feature.
  5. This may not be a "bug", but I think it has changed the way it acts with 4.0. If I'm in a setlist on any song other than the first, if I make a small change to something and then "write changes", it takes me to the first song in the set. Kind of annoying if I'm working on the 10th song in a set and need to tweak something on that song. Means I have to cycle through to the 10th song to check my changes and potentially do it over and over until I get it right.
That's all I've found so far...loving the new features. Well done!

Just tried that....and I THOUGHT that is how I had it set (I must have sent you a file saved when I was experimenting)....but that still doesn't make it work. On the PBC the display shows Outputs A...B....and D (Dry) is on. The "Dry Mix" button on the Switches page has no effect.

Could there be a setting on the PBC Settings control that over riding turning that "Dry Mix" off?

Dry mix works again for me when i 've edited the dry button just like Ron said, i've did it accidentally...

Please send me your settings file and I will investigate. Thanks!
I found a solution for the missing "auto tap" and the function button. As I wrote earlier, I have tempo's entered in each song. - They didn't work because all my presets was set to tempo=off during conversion. - I changed this to tempo=song - and everything worked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back