RG-16 and Lack of FX Loop

sanfender

Many apologies if what follows is an obtuse question.

Do you need an effects loop on your amp(s) for the RG-16 to function properly with the following setup? -->

Amp 1: Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifier (has FX loop)
Amp 2: Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 (does not have fx loop)

I only have pedal-effects, no effects processor.

I run my guitar through a bunch of pedals and then into a Lehle amp switcher so that I can use the same pedals for both amps.

Thus, is it fine to use the RG-16 to create loops for my pedals, and then run the RG-16 into my Lehle amp switcher so that the effects connected to the RG-16 are usable on both amps?
I realize this is moot if I need an effects loop in Amp 2.

Thanks!

If you want to have all of the pedals in front of your amps, no problem. Just connect all loops together (output after loop 4 connects to loop 5 input, loop 5 output connects to loop 6 input, etc.) Then loop 8's output can connect to your amp switcher.

Thanks! Quick follow-up if you don't mind:

Can I sacrifice 3 pedals to regain amp channel switching functionality via the RG-16 for my 3 channel Dual Rectifier (I already own the special cable).

Thanks agsin

No need to sacrifice loops - use the function switching side of the RG-16 (the Amp 1 jack) and you can control the channels, loop and solo boost.

Just to make sure you know all the details - the Amp 1 jack requires an RRN interface cable, which we make. The amp's own footswitch cable will not work.

Yep got it. I actually own the RG-16 but am reconfiguring my rig, and I'm paranoid about doing something wrong so I thought I'd check with the expert!
And my Mastermind is on it's way...
Thanks again Ron!

Back