New LT owner questions

IA buttons that have Update on Preset Change turned on can be clicked in the Presets tab to program them to be on or off or each preset, and the on-screen LED will update accordingly. That's the only time that you can change the LED states in the editor.

Ok thanks for that info!

I’ve got Preset 1, 2 and 3 setup and working so far.

I would like to save an Alternate 2nd Press to the three Presets. I went into Set Up Mode to set “2nd Press” to Alternate and set the color to “Red”. When I press a saved Preset a second time nothing happens. I was expecting to see the led on LT turn from blue to red but that didn’t happen. I also expected to physically see a PC message on the device but nada.

Am I missing a step? Didn’t see any additional info in manual. Thanks !!

In the Presets tab, just to the right of the Name box and Local Page checkbox, there's an Alt Preset box - type in the number of the preset that should be the alternate for the current preset.

Thanks! Is there a way to do this manually in the LT’s setup? Also, when in Alternate Preset, will the PC number be different from from original Preset PC number? Thanks!!

Thanks! Is there a way to do this manually in the LT’s setup? Also, when in Alternate Preset, will the PC number be different from from original Preset PC number? Thanks!!

There's an "Alt Preset" setting for each preset in the Edit Presets menu.

Selecting the alternate preset will send any PCs that are specified in that alternate preset.

For example, if you have preset 1 and its alternate is preset 101, pressing the first preset button will send preset 1's PCs. Pressing it a second time will send preset 101's PCs. Pressing it a third time will send preset 1's PCs again.

Thanks! I tried both methods and found the Editor much quicker. Question; say I select Preset 2 and then select the Alternate Preset on 2 which in my case is 11; how can I select Preset 1 directly after Alternate Preset 11 without having to bank down? Thanks again!

The bank selection remains the same, so button 1 still will select preset 1, even when you're in the alternate preset.

The bank selection remains the same, so button 1 still will select preset 1, even when you're in the alternate preset.

Thats not what happened on my end. Selecting Alternate Preset(011) on button 2 then selecting button 1(001) shows as Preset 010 not 001.

Ok, I'll investigate.
No need. I’m trying it today and all is functioning as it’s supposed to. I wonder if something is not saving right as I go through the process? Let me ask you, when you have the Rack Gizmo, which has it’s “Write” feature and the LT which has its “Stored” feature and the Mastermind Editor which has it’s “Saved” or “Saved As” feature as well as “Write Changes to Device” feature running at the same time, do I need to save on every device or can saving say from the Editor take care of this all? Maybe “Writing Changes to Device” as well as Save in the Editor? What’s the best way under these circumstances? Thanks!!

Saving to the disk and Write Changes to Device are two separate things - you have to do both if you want to save a copy of your settings to computer as well as transfer settings to the LT.

Using the Rack Gizmo's Write button vs the LT's IA Store button is a different story. Which one you should use depends on the answer to this question: do you have IA buttons on the LT that control each individual Rack Gizmo loops and switch (at least the ones you're using)? If so, you should never use the Rack Gizmo's Write button, it won't have any effect. Use the IA buttons on the LT and IA Store to select Rack Gizmo loops and switches instead.

Saving to the disk and Write Changes to Device are two separate things - you have to do both if you want to save a copy of your settings to computer as well as transfer settings to the LT.

Using the Rack Gizmo's Write button vs the LT's IA Store button is a different story. Which one you should use depends on the answer to this question: do you have IA buttons on the LT that control each individual Rack Gizmo loops and switch (at least the ones you're using)? If so, you should never use the Rack Gizmo's Write button, it won't have any effect. Use the IA buttons on the LT and IA Store to select Rack Gizmo loops and switches instead.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Back