Recent content by Brian

1. B

MEGX with a few closed loops and sends for the rest of the loops

Thanks again. When you say add a buffer, do you mean engage the buffer on the MeGX, or is something more specifically connected to the front end of the effect in question needed?
  2. B

RESOLVED: MEG-X Internal Tuner with GT-16

Megx connected with 7-pin cable to mastermind LT. On the LT I have a button setup with CC119 sent to the megx and a system/tuner action as well.
  3. B

In the setup described, Loop 6 send goes to the mixer, which splits to a few effects, blends them and sends the result to the return of a second amp. The output of the megx goes to the first amp.
  4. B

RESOLVED: MEG-X Internal Tuner with GT-16

I didn’t know about the system/tuner action until seeing this thread - thanks! Mine (the LT) now just shows the question mark though. Any ideas what else needs to be checked?
  5. B

Interesting. All of these aspects are rather new to me - or at least I haven’t had to deal with them before in the pedal world. I’ll experiment more. Would you suggest I work with megx buffer on and one rack at a time to see which one is affecting tone? According to old manuals, the input...
  6. B

Got further with this setup but still not liking how the Rane mixer works with the megx. Absolutely could be operator error. The “no sound” issue above was a simple bad cable connection at the mixer output. However, I notice a lot of noise from the mixer in general. Aside from the mixer...
  7. B

Thanks for getting back to me. What I seem to be observing with the first setup above is low levels and noise when implementing the mixer. It is a Rane Sm26b and I’m starting to wonder if it is the device not working or not set up correctly. I’m going to open it up and look at the dip switches...
  8. B

Updated with results of todays trial. Any experts here? Thanks in advance.
  9. B

I want to use a couple loops for pedals, send to the amp on loop 3 and connect amp effects loop to return of 3, then split the rest of the outputs to rack effects that will output to a mixer which outputs back to effects return. So far this is not working. Does the MEGX allow a combination of...
  10. B

Which jack goes to Amps RETURN in Loop???

If you want the pedals in 1-6 to be in front of amp and the last 7-10 in the loop then you send 5-6 out to front of amp. Connect the amp effects send to the input of 7-10, then the output A or B to the return.
  11. B

Sending midi via USB

I am trying to figure out how to connect the new source audio ultrawave to the PBC/10. Does the PBC host midi over USB or will I need to buy a separate device to put in between the PBC and the ultrawave?
  12. B

LFO wave shapes for expression or midi-capable pedals a la Morningstar updates

Good to hear! I was hopeful that hardware wouldn’t be required. I would never claim to speak for the masses, but I can say there appears to be growing interest. Something like the source audio reflex seems to have been ahead of its time, as it is now unobtanium, and the MC6 and 8 with this...
  13. B

LFO wave shapes for expression or midi-capable pedals a la Morningstar updates

Is anyone aware of the hardware of the PBC’s is compatible with sending midi/cv “LFO” control signals like recent updates to the Morningstar stuff? Sure would be nice to eliminate a pedal for this duty, and the editor would be a great place to tune such controls.
  14. B

Saving extension switch status

Thank you very much. It has been a busy week but I will be able to try this out later today. Much appreciated - this helps me understand how these options work together (and when not to combine them).
  15. B

Saving extension switch status

Has anyone got any ideas for this one?
Back