Recent content by Matt

1. M

Additional “IN” MEG-X?

Thanks Ron, I may be able to fit an A/B switch in the pedal drawer if I can find a quality one small enough. -M
  2. M

Additional “IN” MEG-X?

Hi, Is there a way to program the tuner output to be an additional input? I have a guitar wireless plugged into the “IN” but I often use a regular cable input. My previous Mini Effect Gizmo had two inputs (one buffered and one unbuffered if I remember correctly). I wanted to see if the tuner...
  3. M

Mastermind GT and Line 6 Helix Rack?

I feel your pain. I spent weeks routing custom cables for my Helix Rack into stereo Marshall heads, 7 cable method. My rig was taking up more of my life than playing. I recently switched to an HX Stomp in the effects loop and using analog pedals on the front end. No more 7 cable, just a...
  4. M

Mini Effect Gizmo X Power Supply

Hi, I just received my MEG X and wanted t make sure I had the DC power chain correct. In order to run the MEG X and my Mastermind GT16 via the 7 pin midi cable, I think I plug the 12V 3 Amp adapter (that came with the Mastermind GT) into the MEG X, then the 7 pin midi to the MMGT. Is this...
  5. M

MEGX and GT16 General Q's

Awesome thanks. I've been looking forward to being able to pull up a tuner on the main display of the GT. Maybe on a future update the screen can be inverted for the tuner to have the background black and the tuner display in white, most like a traditional digital tuner.
  6. M

MEGX and GT16 General Q's

I was thinking up upgrading to the MEGX for the tuner display capability. After reading through the manual I have a couple of Q's: 1). It says in the manual that the MIDI cable must be plugged directly from the GT into the MEGX. I have an input panel on the back of my rack for faster...
  7. M

Help Getting GT16 & Expression Pedal to Control Line 6 Helix Rack Wah, Etc.

I'm swamped because I'm learning from scratch the Mastermind GT, the Editor software and the Helix Rack at the same time. I have an HX Effects, so I'm at least familiar with the Helix system, but the rest is totally new to me and feels like I have to have a PhD in engineering to make sound...
  8. M

I gave the forum a try but this is why forums are ineffective and time consuming. Just call tech support.
  9. M

After watching all the videos and forum posts I can find as well as trying to get these devices to show any sign of working together, I surrender to the forums for help. 1) I've got an Ernie Ball passive volume pedal connected via TRS-Y cable to the EXP1 input of the GT16 and calibration shows...
  10. M

Mastermind GT and Line 6 Helix Rack?

I too just added a Helix Rack to my rig and will be needing some help with the "how do I" stuff. I'll use my Mini Effect Gizmo for the front-of-amp pedal loops and the Helix mostly for delays and reverbs. In the process now of routing the cables in the rack and soldering all of the custom...
  11. M

Ernie Ball VP Junior Tuner Pedal as Expression Pedal?

Ernie Ball description says it’s an ‘active’ volume pedal and your article says that active pedals don’t work. Do you know if there's a small gadget that can be inserted between the pedal and the GT that steps it down to passive or a custom cable that can do it? Wish there was a way to get...
  12. M

Ernie Ball VP Junior Tuner Pedal as Expression Pedal?

Hi all, new user and first post. A friend of mine was saying that any standard volume pedal can be used as an expression pedal when a TRS-Y cable is plugged into the input and output jacks of the volume pedal, since the volume pedal is basically a voltage sweep that is sent to the output. So...
Back