Recent content by Redaardvark

1. R

RG-16- Ground Loop Beginner - Again

thanks for that i'll give it a go and post how i go lol you must be going nuts with amateur rack builders like me and the mystery of ground loop
  2. R

Ground loop hum? How to identify?

thanks, i'll step through the cabling one by one this weekend. and find the offending little bugger. do you recommend the use of balanced or unbalanced cables?
  3. R

ok just tried routing through the rg-16 first and then into the g-system exactly the same problem should i be using the buffer?
  4. R

hi, so after reading this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72 i realised that the nasty hum sound coming through the high gain channels of my roadking might actually be ground loop issues. I tired by-passing the buffer - no joy so armed with a screw driver and some pluck, i opened the rg-16 and...
  5. R

Ground loop hum? How to identify?

I have exactly the same issue, did lifting the ground inside fix the issue? lol i'm just trying to see if i need to disassemble my rack to do this it's the last thing to try really, as the hum is pretty bad, even after i've bypassed the buffer, swapped cables. Can any of the items in the loops...
  6. R

Numpty Alert - RG-16 and Mesa Roadking Series 1

Excellent many thanks, loving the RG-16 Thanks so much for your help
  7. R

Awesome, many thanks for that, it makes a lot if sense. The problem was that I was thinking about it wrong I also caught your g-sys, gizmo and roadster video which solidified the concept Thanks One further numpty question What happens if you change to a g-sys preset that has no corresponding...
  8. R

Ok so this is true paranoid numpty territory so forgive me for covering something that may be blatantly obvious. ok i don't get the amp switching i've read the manual, checked out viewtopic.php?f=7&t=255 but i don't get how the amp switching works. So i have an RK series 1, four channels, and...
Back