Recent content by sixstringsensei

1. sixstringsensei

Folding Stereo back to Mono

K Keep in mind that summing stereo effect down to mono doesn't always sound as good as just running mono or running stereo. There are often nuances lost due to phasing or whatever. I've tested this quite a bit. It's convenient if you switch between mono and stereo often. However, it can...
  2. sixstringsensei

H9 CC Offset Problem

Hi, I finally had some time to test last night. I swapped out the H9s. Yes, I think that's the problem. CCs match up just fine on the other one. Not sure what's wrong with the first one. I'll restore it and if not sent it to Eventide to check. One thing I noticed is that PCs on the H9 are...
  3. sixstringsensei

H9 CC Offset Problem

Hi, alright. I think I know how I'm going to troubleshoot. The second H9 is not on a board right now and has never seen this PBC. I'll going to swap them around tonight and see if the second one does the same thing. This particular H9, the one in question, I had to reinstall the firmware when I...
  4. sixstringsensei

H9 CC Offset Problem

Hi, I'm not sure about older H9s. Both of mine were built this year. What I noticed is that they have certain CCs pre-assigned, towards the middle of the range. The first 20 or so are blank. Then there is numbering, then blank, then there are a couple assigned towards the end of the list (CC38...
  5. sixstringsensei

H9 CC Offset Problem

Hi, I'm aware there is a PC message offset setting in the editor. However, I can't find anything for fixing CC offsets. My PBC/6X and H9 CCs are offset by one unit. So, for example, for the PBC to trigger CC 39 on my H9, I have to send CC 38. How can I fix this and what might be the cause of...
  6. sixstringsensei

Advice on options for wiring an Eventide H9.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I re-read my post and I see a few mistakes due to things I simply did not understand properly a few weeks ago. I'm finally getting a grasp on using the PBC and H9 after running in a simple mono method for a few weeks. I should be ready to try more wiring methods now...
  7. sixstringsensei

Advice on options for wiring an Eventide H9.

I'm busy wiring an H9 within a board that uses an RJM PBC/6X switcher. I'm trying to decide how to wire it. I'm going mono, but would like the option to run stereo sometimes. I figured it I wire it in the loop of the amp, not the switcher, and control it via midi, I could simply plug in an extra...
Back