FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it might be cool to be able to rename the loops in the editor. So you don't have to think hard about what pedal you're turning on when building presets.

Anyone thought about a "keep songs alphabetized" feature for the songs tab? As we continue to add more and more, it would be nice to have automagicalness.

I was thinking it might be cool to be able to rename the loops in the editor. So you don't have to think hard about what pedal you're turning on when building presets.

Makes sense. Pre-3.0, you always had to control a loop using an IA button, which you could name. As of 3.0, you can control a loop directly, which creates the naming issue. I'll look into that idea.

Anyone thought about a "keep songs alphabetized" feature for the songs tab? As we continue to add more and more, it would be nice to have automagicalness.

I will look into this as well.

A lot of the difficulty in the song/setlist changes proposed is that, in most cases, the on-board editing has to also be changed accordingly. With the limited on-board editing user interface, it's a bit tricky. Changing the sort order isn't a big deal, though.

Hi Ron,

As soon as the PBC's are in stock, I'm ordering one. I've however started setting up already in the editor. I suggested the automated expression sweeps before, but I have two more suggestions. Hope you don't mind.

In the editor, would it be possible to name cc numbers for my generic devices, just like the ones that are already set up by you. Most of my devices are not in that list, but it would be so great to be able to add them, and then name the relevant cc numbers. That way I wouln't have to remember the cc numbers I like to use my moog synth, for example. I'd just be able to add a cc message to a button and select from the list I created. This would make editing much easier and quicker for me. No more looking up product manuals.

Also in the editor, I noticed 'undo' and 'redo' aren't possible. Sometimes I do something stupid, like start editing a button and then changing my mind. If that happens, there's no way back and having a cmd-z option would be handy. Or maybe even a 'cancel' button next to the 'done' button in the 'button settings' menu. Of course I can save my file with every move I make, but I tend to forget.

Thanks

Hi Ron,

As soon as the PBC's are in stock, I'm ordering one. I've however started setting up already in the editor. I suggested the automated expression sweeps before, but I have two more suggestions. Hope you don't mind.

In the editor, would it be possible to name cc numbers for my generic devices, just like the ones that are already set up by you. Most of my devices are not in that list, but it would be so great to be able to add them, and then name the relevant cc numbers. That way I wouln't have to remember the cc numbers I like to use my moog synth, for example. I'd just be able to add a cc message to a button and select from the list I created. This would make editing much easier and quicker for me. No more looking up product manuals.

Also in the editor, I noticed 'undo' and 'redo' aren't possible. Sometimes I do something stupid, like start editing a button and then changing my mind. If that happens, there's no way back and having a cmd-z option would be handy. Or maybe even a 'cancel' button next to the 'done' button in the 'button settings' menu. Of course I can save my file with every move I make, but I tend to forget.

Thanks

Oh man! Such a great call on the undo redo. Good suggestions overall!

Reactions: Jop
I will look into this as well.

A lot of the difficulty in the song/setlist changes proposed is that, in most cases, the on-board editing has to also be changed accordingly. With the limited on-board editing user interface, it's a bit tricky. Changing the sort order isn't a big deal, though.

After think about this a bit I have another idea. Just give it some thought. Not sure if you should implement it exactly this way, but let me know what you think...

I've begun to really dig into your preset-song-setlist building features. Btw, you're a genius! I have started to notice that some presets (as in Mastermind presets) I'm beginning to write up are song specific. i.e. "What a Beautiful Name bridge EG1." Other presets I'm writing are more universal to multiple songs. i.e. "Lead *8th Verb."

Most of the preset tab's organizational chaos for me is separating these two types of presets. I need to keep the song specific presets in neat alphabetical order for quick setlist building, but I also need to have orderly access to the song agnostic presets for adding them into songs that can make use of them. There are what like a thousand available preset slots? What if you split the presets into two tabs? One tab A could be for song specific presets, and the other tab B could be for song agnostic presets. Maybe think of it as a potential way to organize presets within the editor.

I think the majority of the preset organization needs could be tackled by adding these preset A & B tab "banks," and a way to automatically alphabetize the presets in each tab banks.

After think about this a bit I have another idea. Just give it some thought. Not sure if you should implement it exactly this way, but let me know what you think...

I've begun to really dig into your preset-song-setlist building features. Btw, you're a genius! I have started to notice that some presets (as in Mastermind presets) I'm beginning to write up are song specific. i.e. "What a Beautiful Name bridge EG1." Other presets I'm writing are more universal to multiple songs. i.e. "Lead *8th Verb."

Most of the preset tab's organizational chaos for me is separating these two types of presets. I need to keep the song specific presets in neat alphabetical order for quick setlist building, but I also need to have orderly access to the song agnostic presets for adding them into songs that can make use of them. There are what like a thousand available preset slots? What if you split the presets into two tabs? One tab A could be for song specific presets, and the other tab B could be for song agnostic presets. Maybe think of it as a potential way to organize presets within the editor.

I think the majority of the preset organization needs could be tackled by adding these preset A & B tab "banks," and a way to automatically alphabetize the presets in each tab banks.

^That right there is genius!

Alternate Presets
Would it be possible for a next update to think about this (copied from Axe fx mfc controller):
"Alternate Presets expand the number of sounds at your feet by allowing you to stack 2 presets per footswitch. This
allows you, for instance, to access your choice of clean and dirty sounds from one footswitch, or to have all 5
presets in a standard bank offer go to a "global" lead"

This would mean by pressing twice same preset button, it would load an alternative preset (like global preset, but per footswitch).

Thanks!

Alternate Presets
Would it be possible for a next update to think about this (copied from Axe fx mfc controller):
"Alternate Presets expand the number of sounds at your feet by allowing you to stack 2 presets per footswitch. This
allows you, for instance, to access your choice of clean and dirty sounds from one footswitch, or to have all 5
presets in a standard bank offer go to a "global" lead"

This would mean by pressing twice same preset button, it would load an alternative preset (like global preset, but per footswitch).

Thanks!

You can do this using a hold function to get the alternate preset, but it's not yet possible to do it using a 2nd press. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add. On the Fractal controller, how is the alternate preset specified? Does it move up a certain number of banks, or can you specify exactly which preset it goes to?

You can do this using a hold function to get the alternate preset, but it's not yet possible to do it using a 2nd press. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add. On the Fractal controller, how is the alternate preset specified? Does it move up a certain number of banks, or can you specify exactly which preset it goes to?
Fractal does presets weird. I think I remember each preset having an A and B version. I think the idea is that you could have two versions of basically the same preset.

This might sound trite: Could you change the icon for the editor so it looks different from the icon for the MMGT editor? I use both and have trouble telling them apart.

This might sound trite: Could you change the icon for the editor so it looks different from the icon for the MMGT editor? I use both and have trouble telling them apart.

Good idea. Gotta give extra support to those that have bought both products!

One other request: Could it be posible to export/import song data between files? I stumbled upon the fact that I could take a GT file and strip off everything but the songs and rebuild it as a pbc file, but being able to import the list would be way cool!

One other request: Could it be posible to export/import song data between files? I stumbled upon the fact that I could take a GT file and strip off everything but the songs and rebuild it as a pbc file, but being able to import the list would be way cool!

You can use the Export function to export partial settings files - ranges of presets, songs, etc. There's currently a limitation where exporting songs is an all-or-nothing deal (you can't export just a few songs), buy maybe it's good enough for what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back