FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ron.
Would it be possible to change the expression pedal calibration so you could set at midpoint to. I´m using a ernie ball junior pedal and when calibration the up and down position its fine. But the sweep between is not linear. (more log i would guess) If I could set the midpoint manually that would make it a lot better. I know you suggest another brand for the PBC, but this is what i have at this moment, and it would open for more options when using exp-pedals.

On some of the Ernie ball volumes there is a switch on the inside that changes the "swell rate" that may help. I just use mine for volume and haven't played with the switch

Setting the expression pedal curve has been on the to-do list for a long time. I hope to get to it fairly soon.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes! I just bought an iPad last month, and after using it for a while I could totally see the benefits to having an iOS app from RJM. I would find a Mastermind editor on my iPad very useful for quick changes to a set after sound checks.

Hey Ron,
Along the same lines as the auto tap, would it be possible to hook up an expression pedal to the PBC via the expression jack and then control analogue style pedals that have external expression capability? (i.e. go from the expression input of the analogue pedal to one of the function switches on the PBC?) Thanks!

Hey Ron,
Along the same lines as the auto tap, would it be possible to hook up an expression pedal to the PBC via the expression jack and then control analogue style pedals that have external expression capability? (i.e. go from the expression input of the analogue pedal to one of the function switches on the PBC?) Thanks!

Unfortunately not, converting the pedal input to an output would require a redesign.

Unfortunately not, converting the pedal input to an output would require a redesign.
Thanks Ron, are the expression jacks on pedals like the Deluxe Memory Man 1100TT expression input or expression output? I might have just worded it wrong if they are outputs instead of inputs. thanks!

On an effect pedal, they're always going to be expression pedal inputs. The PBC has an input as well, which doesn't do you any good in this case. I'd have to add an output to the design in order for it to control analog pedals.

I'm not sure how to explain this very well, but I'll try.

When adding presets to a song, the preset column always scrolls back to the top when clicking on an empty slot in a song.
So I might add preset #125 into slot 1 for a song. Then when I click on slot 2 of the song the preset column snaps back to the top and I have to scroll back through to preset #126. Is it possible to have the preset column stay where it is when adding them to a song?

I'm not sure how to explain this very well, but I'll try.

When adding presets to a song, the preset column always scrolls back to the top when clicking on an empty slot in a song.
So I might add preset #125 into slot 1 for a song. Then when I click on slot 2 of the song the preset column snaps back to the top and I have to scroll back through to preset #126. Is it possible to have the preset column stay where it is when adding them to a song?

It's moving back to show the currently selected preset, which in the case of an empty slot, is "None". I suppose the answer would be to not automatically move to the currently selected preset if the current preset is "None", but automatically move to any other preset? There must be some way to get it to do that that, I'd have to look into it.

Feature request: assign button colours to presets!

This way one could colour code verses, choruses and so on...

I am in the midst of labeling my PBC with a label printer and thinking that the screen real estate is under utilitzed. I created a mockup of what I think could be a more functional screen. I have a very complicated setup that uses around 14 pages and not all of them are used often so my memory fails me often about how I have setup each page.

Presets Page Mockup:
1%20Presets.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kayiu27fsfewpxg/1 Presets.png?dl=0

Mockup of more functional screen layout, estimated measured 1.25” x 2.5”
writable space.

Shows Page name at top and Currently Selected Preset Clean 1.

Shows functions of all buttons, in this case the 5 available presets and
user defined buttons, sections to right show secondary function if any programmed, in
this case IA button, 7, 8, 9, 10 have secondary functions.

Shows which loops are currently active by darkened areas, in this case
loop 1, 3 ,5, 10, buffer 1, buffer 2, buffer 3, output A and output B are all activated.

Loops Page Mockup:
2%20Loops.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8w519ufmp4ntc7/2 Loops.png?dl=0
Switched to Loops Page
Shows User Defined Loops at each button and again secondary functions if any.

Also same layout so you get used to the looking at the format for each page, and
easier to program for RJM.

User Defined Mockup:
3%20User%20Defined.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0amylxr4qpmpnye/3 User Defined.png?dl=0
User defined page shows control of Midi devices, again just keeping layout and allowing
us to know what each button does without having to label the board.

Same preset still shows active loops/outputs/buffers/functions with grey areas, also shows
secondary functions on button 6 and IA corner store button.

Probably needs some tweaking but you get the picture, sorry if the images didnt show, link to the images is on each dropbox link below it.

Fingers crossed!

It's moving back to show the currently selected preset, which in the case of an empty slot, is "None". I suppose the answer would be to not automatically move to the currently selected preset if the current preset is "None", but automatically move to any other preset? There must be some way to get it to do that that, I'd have to look into it.

If the available preset column on the far right stayed exactly where it was after selecting an empty slot for a song it would save having to scroll back through the available presets - which can get laborious when the presets needed for a song are deep into the column.

Last edited:
Interesting idea, ekko, you must have much better eyesight than I do. :) I will look into it further when it's time to start working on the next major release.

Interesting idea, ekko, you must have much better eyesight than I do. :) I will look into it further when it's time to start working on the next major release.

Thanks, I agree my mockup in its current state would probably be hard to read from the floor, I just used stock fonts from my spreadsheet app, there appears to be more space around the letters to go up in size for the font. But I tried to keep the ratio of the boxes consistent with what your screen layout is currently. I imagined my loop boxes the same size as yours but with room for button names, I can read the numbers inside your boxes currently. I think it all could be readable from afar, especially if the layout stays consistent from page to page, its easy to get used to where things are if looking at the same thing over and over.

(...) I could totally see the benefits to having an iOS app from RJM. I would find a Mastermind editor on my iPad very useful for quick changes to a set after sound checks.

This!

I prefer to only take my iPad on tour and would even pay for an ios app, even if it were only for making setlist changes.

Is it possible to re-order pages?
Or, even better, is it possible to make a page only accessible with a foot switch.
So for example, page 1 is presets, page 2 is loops, page 3 is switches and page 4 is device control.
Can page +/- be set to skip 'switches'?

Is it possible to re-order pages?
Or, even better, is it possible to make a page only accessible with a foot switch.
So for example, page 1 is presets, page 2 is loops, page 3 is switches and page 4 is device control.
Can page +/- be set to skip 'switches'?

There are plenty of ways to change how the pages are accessed.The default PBC configuration doesn't even use Page -/+ buttons, it uses an IA button that accesses a specific page. On page 1, the Loops button is set switch to page 2. On page 2, the same button is set to switch to page 1. You can use the same method to simulate page + or -, while skipping one or more pages. Set the button on page 1 to switch to page 2, set the button on page 2 to switch to page 4, and set the button on page 4 to switch to page 1. Page 3 will be skipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back