FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about an optional time delay to trigger an action on a press.

I can't count the number if times I have accidentally pressed a bank up/down button (while trying to press another IA button) and switched to a new preset in the middle of a song.

If I was able to specify an amount of time that a button needed to be held down before triggering the action, it would completely eliminate this problem. I could assign a delay 500ms or more to the bank up/down buttons (or other "system" functions) so that if I accidentally hit them, nothing would happen.

How about an optional time delay to trigger an action on a press.

I can't count the number if times I have accidentally pressed a bank up/down button (while trying to press another IA button) and switched to a new preset in the middle of a song.

If I was able to specify an amount of time that a button needed to be held down before triggering the action, it would completely eliminate this problem. I could assign a delay 500ms or more to the bank up/down buttons (or other "system" functions) so that if I accidentally hit them, nothing would happen.

You can do that by setting up a button to have a hold function. Set up the button as "Label" type (which makes it do nothing when pressed). Then set Button Mode to Hold. At the top of the editor screen, you'll see a "Hold Function" tab. Click on it to edit what the button does when it's been held down. Set the hold function to do whatever the main function used to do (Bank up/down, etc.)

The amount of time buttons need to be held before activating can be adjusted on the Globals page.

You can do that by setting up a button to have a hold function. Set up the button as "Label" type (which makes it do nothing when pressed). Then set Button Mode to Hold. At the top of the editor screen, you'll see a "Hold Function" tab. Click on it to edit what the button does when it's been held down. Set the hold function to do whatever the main function used to do (Bank up/down, etc.)

The amount of time buttons need to be held before activating can be adjusted on the Globals page.

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

What about an option for buttons to override the stored state of a block when changing scenes in an Axe fx?
Like how a normal guitar pedal stays on until its turned off, but only limited to a checked button that only works within scenes. Like turning on a pitch shifter on in one scene for example and wanting to keep it on when changing any other scene. Could there be a way to have buttons stay on until its turned off? Not for changing presets because thats a full override I'd assume.

Just an idea/request :)

What about an option for buttons to override the stored state of a block when changing scenes in an Axe fx?
Like how a normal guitar pedal stays on until its turned off, but only limited to a checked button that only works within scenes. Like turning on a pitch shifter on in one scene for example and wanting to keep it on when changing any other scene. Could there be a way to have buttons stay on until its turned off? Not for changing presets because thats a full override I'd assume.

I've always thought this was something that would have to be implemented in the Axe side, but this would be cool on the GT. Seems that you would have to use the preset-specific Page and that you would have to have the ability to mark certain IAs as being scene-independent. Then, when a scene button was pressed, the scene changes would be implemented and the scene-independent IA state would be re-sent. It seems like this would create audio glitches though since there would be a brief moment between when the scene was loaded and the scene-independent IA was loaded. I can't think of any other way it could be done though?
-
Austin

Austin's right that it would primarily be an Axe-Fx feature.

Ironically, it would be easier to make what you want happen using presets. If you use slave mode to control the Axe-Fx (see the GT manual) and you set your effect-controlling buttons to Send on Preset Change ON and Update on Preset Change OFF, then the GT will take control of the effect buttons instead of the Axe-Fx. The buttons will not change state unless you actually press them, and will send their CC messages every time you change presets, effectively overriding the Axe-Fx's settings and keeping the effects in sync with the GT buttons.

Would it be possible, to enter Preset numbers from Strymon devices in their format directly and have the editor "tranlate" them to PC'S? For example, Big Sky 02C would become 9?

Song specific commands
Tempo for each song is covered.
But sometimes other commands are needed for a song.
This is useful for when different songs use the same presets but some parameters need to be altered.
Example (Axe-Fx):
- set the key,and voice1 and voice 2 for a harmonizer.
- assign pedals
- send sysex
- Set X/Y states for blocks

Song specific commands
Tempo for each song is covered.
But sometimes other commands are needed for a song.
This is useful for when different songs use the same presets but some parameters need to be altered.
Example (Axe-Fx):
- set the key,and voice1 and voice 2 for a harmonizer.
- assign pedals
- send sysex
- Set X/Y states for blocks

I'll think about this one. This would be fairly easy to do by using macros, less easy to add an action list to each song.

Hi Ron,
Best wishes for the New Year.
I suppose I could do all of the above when using a preset per song.
But then you would need more presets than songs and in the MMGT it's the other way around.

Feature Request:
List of Predefined Pedals

Not limited to the four pedal inputs but:
  • Multiple Pedals you can program for all kind of functions:
    • Volume
    • Wah
    • Whammy
    • Delay Mix
    • Pitch Mix
  • Ability to define default pedals per input
  • Action Button to change the function of a pedal connected to one of the four inputs
  • Pedal custom curves
Now you can override the pedal for each preset which is already a very powerful feature.
But if you could use an action button to do that it would even be more powerful.
Instead of defining the pedal in the override, you could predifine them on the Global Page (Or make a Pedal Tab), and pick from a list.

Last edited:
Feature Request:
Button List

Like the preset list, a list of custom buttons to be reused.
This way, for songs you need at least one preset and the rest could be buttons chosen from the list.

When making a list, it should be intelligent so that:
  • When renaming a button, all the instances of the button in other presets or songs should be renamed
  • When reordering the list, you shouldn't have to update all presets or songs where this button is used
I'll elaborate a bit on this.
I noticed in the Macro list, when reordering, the macros get a different number.
However, in the presets where these macos are used, they keep the old number.
The number is not updated.
This would be a lot simpler if the system would be build like a database where you use links.

As far as predefined buttons go, the Gordius did it like this:
Different sets of buttons:
  • Triggers are a special type of patches, commonly used to send certain "momentary" commands, like looper control (Play, Record, Overdub, ...) A trigger switch LED is on during switch depress only.
  • Two-state effects are commonly used to activate or de-activate an effect. Multiple effects can be active at the same time. A stompbox LED always shows the current state of the effect.
  • Momentary effects are commonly used for effects which are active as long as a switch is being depressed, like a sustain pedal for instance. The effect activation message is sent when depressing its footswitch, the de-activation message is sent when releasing the switch
The good thing is that with the Mastermind, you would only need one list since for each action, you can define what kind of button it is.

What the Gordius did was then make a preset (or patch as they called it) which could be a combination of these redefined buttons. The operative word here being "could be" since you wouldn't have to use it.

Feature request:
Tempo Menu

When opening the tempo menu, you get a page for inputting a numeric value for the tempo

Feature Request:
A Page List
Or better a layout list. No actions or tempos are set in this. Just the layout of the buttons.
and the ability to:
  • Set the number of pages per preset
  • Default page for a preset is the local page
  • When creating a preset, the ability to Derive the page from one in the list
    • This way, if the source page is changed, all derived pages are also updated
  • Ability to override buttons in the derived pages

Last edited:
Ron,

Have a great year.

"Preset 2nd press = IA" has been implemented, but isn't mentioned in the manual yet.

You probably grow tired of the requests, but personally I'd welcome the addition of HOLD functionality to PRESET switches. Offering the same choices as 2nd press and IAs. Far less confusing than using 2nd press. And makes it less necessary to use multiple pages or IA Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back