FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
By default, it's set up to be tap tempo, but not MIDI clock. IF you go into MIDI Settings and set MIDI Clock to Master, that will enable MIDI clock.
I did that on the MMGT. Now the button says Tempo, but when tapped it doesn't display BPM. ??

Your settings have MIDI Clock set to Off - set it back to Master, and that should do it. Also, turn on "Update on Preset Change' on the tempo button itself.

Minor bug:

There's an option in Setup which updates preset names dynamically, retrieved from the Axe-Fx.
When renaming a preset on the Axe-Fx, the name on the RJM's preset switch is updated automatically, but the name on the main display is not.

Edit: still present in 3.1 beta.

EDIT: FIXED IN 3.1.0!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feature request for the editor:
It would be great if you could build a preset database for multiple Mastermind settings. I change my Mastermind settings quite often depending on what amps I use and what band I play with. So if I use a preset in multiple Mastermind settings I always have to go into every setting to manually update the presets if I want to improve it. It would be great if you could either export presets and also reimport them or just have a database to just drag the presets into your settings.

First of all, thanks for the great products and the outstanding support.

Could it be possible to store multiple files in the unit's memory and load one directly from memory. (I know, dragging around that heavy flash drive is such a chore!)

First of all, thanks for the great products and the outstanding support.

Could it be possible to store multiple files in the unit's memory and load one directly from memory. (I know, dragging around that heavy flash drive is such a chore!)

There's only room for one set of settings in memory, so the flash drive is the only way to do it at this time.

Here's a tricky one for you Ron: enable functionality to use the Kemper's looper. The Kemper uses NRPN messages to trigger the looper, which, at the moment, the MMGT doesn't support. HOWEVER, there's a really massive thread over on the Kemper forums where people have been able to find the proper messages (they're undocumented). I understand basic MIDI CC's and PC's well enough, and I get the idea of SysEx, but NRPN is beyond my knowledge. I'll just leave the link to the thread here:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/in...eam-made-it-available-in-3-0-2-Public-Beta-U/

I dunno if the MMGT hardware can even support this, but it would be a really nice feature to have on board.

I'm going to go ahead and call this a non-essential feature. With the new morphing feature announced in Kemper OS 4.0, everything can be accomplished in this manner via CC # 11 tied to an expression pedal.

I'm going to go ahead and call this a non-essential feature. With the new morphing feature announced in Kemper OS 4.0, everything can be accomplished in this manner via CC # 11 tied to an expression pedal.

Ah, sounds like a cool feature. I'll have to check that out! It would be a lot easier to deal with than NRPNs.

A nice feature would be a new "IA Store" button type that would store the current IAs to the next preset that you press instead of the current preset in use. Useful for copying base settings to all the presets of a song without changing the names of the presets. It would also allow you to mess around with a current preset but save the changes to a different one. A lot faster than "copying" presets currently is. "Copying" presets copies the names too which isn't ideal for setting up base settings across the different presets for a song.

Hi,
Could it be possible to add the FRACTAL AUDIO FX8 in the Device List?
Thanks.

EDIT: Done in 3.2.0 (AX8, too!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The "store to next preset" is a good idea. Will think about that.

I'll look into the FX8 not sure if it has an elaborate MIDI implementation like the Axe-Fx does.

I think we used to have a feature request list, but as suggested by a forum member, it would be good to have another one. So... post your feature requests here!

Edit: I'll mark the items as done so we can keep score!

HI Ron,
Hey I finally got my Helix rack unit in today. Just beginning to get familiar with it.
I plan to use my GT16 and a Mission RJM pedal with it as well.
Any update on the Helix support. If you need it, I have the pdf manual for the rack system.
You probably have more data from Line 6 than the manual has in it, but if you need it let me know.

HI Ron,
Hey I finally got my Helix rack unit in today. Just beginning to get familiar with it.
I plan to use my GT16 and a Mission RJM pedal with it as well.
Any update on the Helix support. If you need it, I have the pdf manual for the rack system.
You probably have more data from Line 6 than the manual has in it, but if you need it let me know.

We're supporting it as well as we can for now. If Line 6 ever enhances the MIDI interface, we will update support to match.

"Colour Mode" would be a cool feature for Buttons.

For example, it would be great to be able to give Presets their own colours as an alternative option to Buttons having their own colours.

This would make navigation more effective in Songs so that where Preset layout could change from Song to Song, the Presets could be, for example, coloured to their "type" (crunch presets orange, delays would be blue, pitch would be red etc)

(Sorry for all the posts, but I just got this awesome floorboard and am excited about it's various functions and possibilities)

My suggestion is for an option for Hold buttons to use the primary action color scheme. This is something that would be enable-able on a button-by-button basis, perhaps by simply having a check box on the Hold Functions screen under Button Name called "Inherit Normal Mode Colors" (or something to that effect). I was specifically thinking about this for use with preset buttons, but it could be applicable elsewhere as well.

Take the following scenario for example:
In the default color scheme, preset buttons are green when inactive and yellow when active.
Say I setup each preset button with a Hold function to select another preset.
If I tap the button to select a preset, the button will turn Yellow and the top line of text (corresponding to that preset) will be highlighted.

If I hold the button, the button will stay green and the bottom line of text (corresponding to that preset) will be highlighted.

In both cases, there is visual indication on the preset buttons of what I have selected. However, it would be nice if I could set the button to also turn yellow when the Hold function was activated for consistency's sake. So in other words, if either function was on, On Color would be used. If both functions were off, the Off Color would be used.

I think this might also be useful in situations where you have a button, say turning on Phaser for a primary function and turning on Flanger for a hold function. If either one was on, the On Color would be used and the corresponding text would be highlighted. If both were off, the Off color would be used.

Of course, I can also think of situations where this would be a nightmare (for example, if you have preset buttons with scene selections as hold functions). So, that is why I am suggesting it be select-able on a button-by-button basis (and maybe even not an option at all in cases where the logic wouldn't apply?).

If this is already possible, forgive the useless post. And thank you for producing the GT!
-
Austin

It's not possible yet, but will be in firmware 3.3 which will hopefully be available this month. You will be able to specify colors for both functions off, main function on, hold function on and both functions on.

It's not possible yet, but will be in firmware 3.3 which will hopefully be available this month. You will be able to specify colors for both functions off, main function on, hold function on and both functions on.

Awesome! Thanks again!
-
Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back