Search results

1. T

Chaining power and data between 2 MMGTs?

I have a MioXM in my rack, so it would be cleaner to run another phantom/merge box back there and then just run one 7 pin out to the second GT. Thank you for the help!
  2. T

This wouldn't be a remote/cloned type thing, but rather an extension board with some other options for me to avoid paging over. A GT 22 may be in the future, but right now my main pedalboard is built around a 16 and a 22 will not fit. It sounds like the best way is to get another phantom...
  3. T

Hey again everyone, I have been happily using my MMGT 16 and 10 for a couple of years now, and have so far been able to fit all of my needs in each unit, using one at a time for different bands that I play in. Now I'm entertaining the possibility of using both on stage at the same time. I...
  4. T

MMGT 10 - Ableton Live - Sending notes to trigger scenes

Paul, Have a look at this video. It'll run through some basic ins and outs of Ableton and how to get started with MIDI mapping some controls. If you want to go deeper, let me know! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PS5jry-4EchVz-0dN88eB6ro21DmwoVM/view?usp=sharing
  5. T

Paul, Thanks for the kind words! I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my video or not, but I run my band thru an X32, but use no MIDI capabilities on it, so utilizing an XR18 would likely work the same way with my system. It would depend on your workflow. I'd be happy to take you through my setup...
  6. T

It will ultimately depend on your desired workflow. Songs reference presets (and you can reference multiple presets in one song), and presets can automatically send program changes upon selection, or you can use preset actions to automatically fire off CC and other commands. I do not have an...
  7. T

All good! It's a slow evolution for me, I'm sure you'll get deeper and deeper as you go!
  8. T

For sure! Ableton Live is like the wild wild west at times. Michael, for extra clarity and some extra little tips on other things, have a look at this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5BIHttCRPyYtFfjLJNiAJVO3Fmw06BM/view?usp=sharing
  9. T

I see your problem. I'm noticing in the Ableton MIDI window on the left you have CC 88 controlling both Record and your Scene Launch. Diving into your editor file I see that under Buttons, your 'Record' Button is set to 'Send On Preset Change.' Here's what's happening: 1) You select a Song on...
  10. T

Michael, You're all good! I'm gonna send you a PM, I think I can help you out.
  11. T

Michael, I have my MMGTs setup to do exactly this. The only difference is I use CCs to map to scenes in Live rather than Note commands. For reference, each song in the MMGT references its own Preset, and each Preset has one Preset Action (which is the CC and device used to map to the Scene in...
  12. T

Externally trigger presets/songs by CC?

I see! Using the USB port right up to your iPad is very clever indeed. In terms of sync and clock, I can tell you from my experience I had some beat sync issues with BandHelper on the whole. Another band I play in plays to click tracks to keep us in check, but no backing tracks or lights are...
  13. T

Just about all of my programming is done for now, I think. I have some little things I want to get to, but for now I'm operational. My setup isn't much to look at, but there's a ton going on under the hood. I've never run so much MIDI in my life. Basically, I have an MMGT 16 setup for bidi midi...
  14. T

I am almost done programming, at which time I'll post my rig and all of its madness! I also use 'next song' and 'previous song' in BandHelper. That way there's nothing to program at the MMGT for every new show. The band makes a list, I load it up, and go. Ableton handles all of my patch...
  15. T

Thanks for the response Neil! You're 100% right. The alphabetizing only matters at the beginning, and regardless of which way your data flow runs. For the record, I did think about running data from BH the way that you did, but ultimately decided against it, as I'd need to have my MMGT up and...
  16. T

Fair enough. In all honesty, the more I think about it, I don't have to have the Presets reordered and alphabetized everytime I make a change, as I'm selecting songs from the MMGT anyway. The songlist, it seems, I can reorder to my heart's content without affecting any of the programming on the...
  17. T

Loving the Setlist/Song system for calling audibles in the middle of a show. I have Songs call up a Preset (I only run one preset per song), and the Preset sends out a CC to Ableton to select the correct click track. However, I also need the other way around - I also need Ableton to send a...
  18. T

Kemper Delay/Reverbs w/ Tails and feedback

Hello again RJM family, Buttoning up some nitty gritty details and I am noticing I cannot get the MMGT to display on/off state or stomp names when using the CC action for Delay or Reverb With Tails. Using without Tails with the same settings works fine. Am I missing something, or is this not...
  19. T

Externally Triggering System Actions?

Thanks so much! I had the device set to send signal to the Kemper (whoops) and I also had the Tuner as the first action (definitely would not have thought to check this). Onward to the next!
  20. T

Externally Triggering System Actions?

Working on integrating my MMGT into my existing setup. Everything is going very well, but I may have hit a hiccup. There are some instances in my band's set where Ableton Live is automated to engage the Tuner (and therefore mute the signal) on my Kemper. I have a couple of spots where I get...
Back