Search results

1. Budro Thedog

[Solved] Basic Midi issue......AXE FXIII Midi Out and Midi Thru

thank you so much as usual. As soon as I read it, it makes perfect sense. I was worried about a loop with that, but I guess, as long as the effects gizmos get information from the axe they dont need to have a connection back to the mmgt.
  2. Budro Thedog

Well, maybe I'm not such an idiot (at least for this issue). It seems like the AXE FX III doenst do a soft merge of MIDI OUT to MIDI Thru. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/midi-merge-soft-thru-for-out-midi-scene-block-send-to-thru-or-out-option.194085/ Does anyone have a workaround they...
  3. Budro Thedog

So, I had my whole setup working fine until I decided to re-build everything, and now I'm just missing a basic midi issue. My setup is : MMGT32>>Axe FX III Midi In>>Axe Midi Thru>>EG>>MEG1>>MEG2>>RG Axe: Midi Chan 1 EG: Midi Chan 2 MEG1: Midi Chan 3 MEG2: Midi Chan 4 RG: Midi Chan 5...
  4. Budro Thedog

[Solved] Get Preset Names not working

Well, this one is solved, but, presents another problem with my setup (I will open a new thread). I had the midi cable in axe midi thru, not midi out. Moving the cable to midi out allows get preset names to work and also tuner to work. But, now the cc's are not getting to my RG, EG, and MEG...
  5. Budro Thedog

To troubleshoot, I just factory reset my MMGT 22, re-added the axe fx iii, and added a tuner to an IA switch. Added Assign CC > Axe-Fx III > Tuner and added a System / Tuner action on the button. Bi-directional Midi is On. When I press the tuner IA, the AXE tuner appears, and the MMGT display...
  6. Budro Thedog

Update: I bypassed all other devices, and used 2 brand new 5 pin midi cables to connect the MMGT to the AXE. The issue is still occurring. (note: I confirmed via multimeter Continuity Test that all 5 pins are connected in my midi cable)
  7. Budro Thedog

config attached My midi chain is MMGT>AXE>EG>RG>MEG1>MEG2>MMGT
  8. Budro Thedog

Howdy! Somehow, the 'get preset names' function stopped working on my MMGT for my axe fx iii. When I start the process to get preset names, I can see the axe going thru all of the presets (i.e., midi is working), but, the preset names show up as strange ascii (see pictures). Thoughts? FYI...
  9. Budro Thedog

Updated PBC powered board!

Very cool!
  10. Budro Thedog

Controlling AMP and CAB with Send on Preset Change from MMGT

I set up a workaround, I just created another IEA switch that controls just the amp and cab blocks on the axe.
  11. Budro Thedog

Didnt work... I found the first command has to be for the EG, then AXE.
  12. Budro Thedog

fantastic thanks!! will try asap
  13. Budro Thedog

Thanks, I thought I tried that. However the state of the IA then changed when I changed presets. Is there a way to have the IA state remain ON when I switch presets and have the CCs sent to the axe?
  14. Budro Thedog

I have an IA switch that I use to engage a loop on my effect gizmo to send my signal to an amp. I also have the IA setup to turn off the AXE AMP and CAB blocks when I turn on my real amp so it doesnt mess up the sound. AXE-FXIII: Amp 1/ CC Toggle #58 off:127 on:0 AXE-FXIII: Cab 1/ CC Toggle...
  15. Budro Thedog

Update on Preset Change & Send on Preset Change

Just capturing for my notes from Ron's webinar: Send on Preset Change Every time you change presets on the device, it will run the actions as if it had been pressed. Update on Preset Change For each preset, select whether an IA button is on or off. This will turn on and off loops...
  16. Budro Thedog

Budros Board & Rack

Updated the rack....got the pedals off the floor because I'm old. 24 pedals plus the AXE all on loops....the old Effect Gizmo and Rack Gizmo work great with the new MEGx. Overkill, absolutely, but, fun!
  17. Budro Thedog

Effect Gizmo Loops Not Engaging via MMGT

Fixed it..........the EG didnt have the default CC ranges configured. Audio Loop 9-12 were set to 80-83 instead of 88 to 91.
  18. Budro Thedog

Effect Gizmo Loops Not Engaging via MMGT

Howdy! My insane rig is finally almost put together, but, I'm troubleshooting a few issues. The midi routing is MMGT>Axe>EG>RG.MEGX1>MEGX2. Everything is working great except for loops 9-12 on the EG. I am able to engage loops 1-8 on the effect gizmo, but, loops 9-12 are not responding to...
  19. Budro Thedog

recommended midi cabling order

thanks again
Back