[Solved] Get Preset Names not working

Budro Thedog

Howdy!
Somehow, the 'get preset names' function stopped working on my MMGT for my axe fx iii.

When I start the process to get preset names, I can see the axe going thru all of the presets (i.e., midi is working), but, the preset names show up as strange ascii (see pictures).

Thoughts? FYI, the MMGT is able to control axe blocks and change presets, but, the only thing not working seems to be getting the preset names.

Note: Running Version 5.0.1, bi directional midi is on.
Fractal FW 21.04

Attachments

• IMG_6251.jpg
    IMG_6251.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
config attached

My midi chain is MMGT>AXE>EG>RG>MEG1>MEG2>MMGT

Attachments

• mmgt.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Update: I bypassed all other devices, and used 2 brand new 5 pin midi cables to connect the MMGT to the AXE. The issue is still occurring. (note: I confirmed via multimeter Continuity Test that all 5 pins are connected in my midi cable)

Last edited:
To troubleshoot, I just factory reset my MMGT 22, re-added the axe fx iii, and added a tuner to an IA switch. Added Assign CC > Axe-Fx III > Tuner and added a System / Tuner action on the button. Bi-directional Midi is On. When I press the tuner IA, the AXE tuner appears, and the MMGT display shows the tuner, but it does not update.

So, it seems like bi-directional MIDI isn't working.

Well, this one is solved, but, presents another problem with my setup (I will open a new thread). I had the midi cable in axe midi thru, not midi out. Moving the cable to midi out allows get preset names to work and also tuner to work. But, now the cc's are not getting to my RG, EG, and MEG from the AXE Midi out.

Back