1.3 BETA FIRMWARE

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a beta version of the 1.3 firmware. Changes for this version are:

• A complete overhaul of the setup menus. The main reason was to support the upcoming Mastermind GT/10. It also makes the menus more consistent, with a Done and Next Page button in the same location in every menu.
  • Kemper KPA bidirectional support. You need to use two MIDI cables from Kemper to GT (input to output and output to input) to get this to work. When connected this way, you will have remote tuner display, better tap tempo support and the ability to download preset names. Also, the Stomp buttons (A, B, C, D and X) will update their names to indicate the type of effect that the button is controlling at the moment.
  • Added preliminary (read: untested!) support for Eventide H9 and Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro Plus
  • Fixed support for Strymon Timeline and Mobius. Timeline looper support may still need some work.
  • Added new button types: Page Down, Preset -, Preset + and Label (a label is a button that doesn't do anything - just displays text)
  • Added the ability to send two CCs from each expression pedal
  • Added the ability to have the expression pedal's minimum value be less than the maximum value. This allows you to run the pedal in reverse, or cross-fade two CCs by setting one with normal values and the other with reversed values
  • Added a Stop button to the preset name read screen, so you don't have to load all 384 presets' names each time
  • Fixed weird button behavior after a factory reset
  • Fixed a bug that would occur if you had more than 16 preset buttons on a page in Song/Set mode
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent momentary buttons from working correctly in IA mode

UPDATE 9/6/2013
1.3 beta 2 adds the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed a problem that made some buttons' on color change when the off color was edited, and vice-versa
  • Fixed the Set Default Buttons feature - it was disabling the global setting on all buttons
[*[Fixed looper support on the Strymon Timeline - Set Default Buttons now creates the correct buttons

Please give it a spin and let me know if you find any issues.

You can download the firmware here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT13b2.rjf

The updated manual is here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Mastermind GT Manual-1.3.pdf

And an updated editor can be found here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.3.0.dmg (Mac)
http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.3.0.zip (PC)

Observant readers will note the editor has jumped versions from 0.8.5 to 1.3.0. This is to make it easier to know which editor goes with which firmware - the version numbers will match.

I've installed MMGT firmware successfully several times. On trying to install v1.3, the MMGT boot loader asks me to insert a USB device with a valid file. It's already there.

I first attempted with a fairly-new Patriot Supersonic Magnum 128Gb USB flash drive. When it didn't recognize the device/file I tried with an older USB drive, a SanDisk Cruzer 4Gb. I downloaded the file a second time and tried again. No joy.

Could the file be corrupt? If not, what else to try?

Thanks.

A big drive like the 128GB one would be a likely candidate for problems. I'm surprised about the 4GB one, though. Generally, smaller drives work. Have you tried the flash drive that was shipped with the GT?

I also forgot to mention that the drive needs to be formatted in PC FAT format. Mac or NTFS format won't work.You can format a flash drive in FAT format on a PC, or on a Mac using Disk Utility.

Found success using a third USB flash drive, a 2Gb freebie we picked up somewhere that identifies itself to Windows as "V88". Don't know anything else about it.

The two other drives tried are both formatted FAT32. The drive used successfully several times in the past was a 32 Gb USB3 Patriot Supersonic Boost XT, a smaller version of the Patriot drive that didn't work this time. It was probably also formatted FAT32, we don't format them in NTFS.

1.3beta2 is now available, and it fixes a couple of bugs that were identified recently. Details at the top of the thread...

FYI, forgot to mention that, in 1.3beta2, I also fixed looper support for the Strymon Timeline. Set Default Buttons now creates Stop / Play / Record buttons that operate the way they should.

Hopefully these fixes do the trick! Please let me know ASAP if any other weirdness is seen in the beta - if I don't hear about any other issues, I'll make this version the official 1.3 release.

I have a feature suggestion.

My Old Line6 Pod XT Pro had a Advanced pedalboard to control it. One feature that was great was an assigned Lead Preset Button. It allowed you to from any preset location press this "Lead Preset" and then press it again and it goes back to the previous preset.

So I'm suggesting making an option like a Previous channel on a cable box remote control. Assignable of course!

Yes, that's a good one. Other controllers call it a global preset. I think there should be a few choices for what happens when you press a preset button a second time:

Stay on preset (the current behavior)
Go to Previous preset
Go to Global preset

I'm calling 1.3 done at this point. There was only one other fix that affected the GT/10. Since no one has one yet, it's not really newsworthy!

On to 1.4!

Back