2 amps, with 1 pedal before the last amp.

JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron,

Since I purchased my Effect Gizmo and MMGT, I have been enjoying the 2 amp setup as described on page 13 of the Effect Gizmo manual. It has worked great with my Mesa and Fender Blues Deville which can be channel switched with my Amp Gizmo.

I recently swapped my Blues Deville with a Twin Reverb which doesn't have a drive channel. I would like to be able to switch my Mesa to a drive channel while having the weight of the 2nd amp, but I'm stuck with a relatively clean sound on the 2nd amp (unless I have a drive pedal before both amps which doesn't always work with the mesa on the drive channel). What I'd like to try, with your blessing, is have a drive pedal on the Twin only while switching the Mesa to it's drive channel.

At the moment I have my amps in channel 11 & 12 of the Effect Gizmo, and Channel 10 is unused.

Is it possible for me to move the Mesa to Channel 10 of the EG, move the Twin to Channel 12, and insert a drive pedal in Channel 11? My intent would be to have the drive pedal as an option to apply to the Twin only. I know that the last 4 EG channels are different than the first 2 sets of 4. So I'm not sure if the signal will pass through as I hope. Also, the click stopper might end up skipping the drive pedal in Ch.11.

Trying to wrap my head around this and would love your help.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, you have it right. Send 10 to the Mesa, pedal in loop 11 send/return, and send 12 to the Fender. That will do it!

Thank you, Ron. I do have one concern.

You originally told me (a couple years ago) that I needed to have a short cable connecting [out11/NO] to [in12]. This is how I have it now, with the 2 amps connected to 11 & 12. I believe you had me do this so ch.12 would still receive signal even when 11 was disabled. Won't I need to do some kind of jumper thing for channel 12 to receive signal? For example, when 10 is off, and 11 is off, will 12 still work without that extra cable?

Yes, the jumpers you have in loops 9-12 (Out 9 - In 10, Out 10 - In 11, Out 11 - In 12) should remain there.

I have Out 9 going into the click stopper, then click stopper going into In 10. That way I can have that one last pedal (loop 9) benefitting from the CS. But that last lone pedal before the fender amp (loop 11) will have to be without the CS. I think I got it. Make sense?

Thanks again for all your help.

jm

Yes, once you split the signal, one Click Stopper can't handle both paths. The Fender is going to be low gain, I'm sure, so it should be ok.

Back