4 way splitter for Micro Line Mixer

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
If you're using a Micro Line Mixer without a switcher, you'll need something to split the signal from the buffer to go to the pedal inputs. A Y cable is sufficient to split to two pedals, but what if you have 3? I found this box that seems like it would do the job:

I have one on the way to test, but it seems like it should do the job - it's a pretty simple thing. I'll post my findings when I have a chance to try it.

Ron,

I'm sure that you are busy, but... :) have you had a chance to try this out? If so, how did it go? I'd considered whether or not to get a 3 or 4 way buffered splitter for a similar setup where the source to several pedals before the Micro Line Mixer could be buffered or unbuffered. Also, if I want to use one of the splits to go into a "direct-box" type device to have available a signal that can be balanced and sent to a mixer or audio interface balanced input if needed.

Thanks in advance for your response!

- Dwayne

Apparently I had it in my cart but never finished the order - now it's really on the way.

Apparently I had it in my cart but never finished the order - now it's really on the way.
:D I've been there! I'm especially interested in this item as I believe that I might have one in storage that I acquired a few years back, but I won't be able to verify that without doing some traveling. If it works out well for this use, I'll make the trip to unearth it when I visit my relatives in about a month!

And thanks so much for the quick and helpful responses here on the forum! It is greatly appreciated and one of the reasons I have purchased a handful of RJM products instead of others over the years!

If you're using a Micro Line Mixer without a switcher, you'll need something to split the signal from the buffer to go to the pedal inputs. A Y cable is sufficient to split to two pedals, but what if you have 3? I found this box that seems like it would do the job:

I have one on the way to test, but it seems like it should do the job - it's a pretty simple thing. I'll post my findings when I have a chance to try it.
With these being TRS jacks should it send stereo signals through? Was thinking about setting up a pedalboard using your new product and was just looking for a splitter for it. That being said I was wanting to send the dry signal into a stereo chorus into a splitter into the mixer and want the stereo signal of the chorus preserved.

Yes, the jacks are all TRS, so if you send stereo in, it will send stereo out. In the line mixer, you'll have to switch the internal jumpers to make the buffer stereo in/stereo out.

Hey Ron,

I feel like this is a silly question but how to you actually switch the jumpers in order to make them stereo? I looked inside the pedal but I am unfamiliar with how to do this.

Also, did that 4 way splitter work??

Thanks
Yes, the jacks are all TRS, so if you send stereo in, it will send stereo out. In the line mixer, you'll have to switch the internal jumpers to make the buffer stereo in/stereo out.

Chris,

Typically jumpers just need to be pulled off the two pins they connect and pushed over the other two pins that they can connect. For three pins you can "jumper" together two of them at any time (pins 1 and 2, or pins 2 and 3). I find that a pair of small needle nose pliers can be really helpful to lift and place the jumper. And it probably goes without saying, but changing jumpers is pretty much always done with the power disconnected/off. :)

Ron might have more specific comments, as I don't have the unit yet (about to order it!), but from the Quick Start Guide, I think what I have above should be enough to go on!

- Dwayne

Chris,

Typically jumpers just need to be pulled off the two pins they connect and pushed over the other two pins that they can connect. For three pins you can "jumper" together two of them at any time (pins 1 and 2, or pins 2 and 3). I find that a pair of small needle nose pliers can be really helpful to lift and place the jumper. And it probably goes without saying, but changing jumpers is pretty much always done with the power disconnected/off. :)

Ron might have more specific comments, as I don't have the unit yet (about to order it!), but from the Quick Start Guide, I think what I have above should be enough to go on!

- Dwayne
I was a little confused at first but just figured it out. And usually what happens is I end up saying, “Ron is a freaking genius!” EVERYTIME!! Haha

You guys have it right, just pull of the black jumper and reinsert it in the desired position. And yes, needle nose pliers make it a lot easier.

Back