6534/6505+ Question

offworld92

So for my next amp, I'm debating between getting a Peavey 3120, or a Peavey 6534+ (essentially a 6505+, but with EL34's).

I think the 6534 sounds better, I prefer it's tone, but the 3120 appeals to me because I want/need three channels.

I eventually plan on getting a Mini Amp Gizmo and running it with a Boss GT-10, or the GT-12 (whenever that comes out haha).

So my question is, since the 6534 has a crunch switch instead of an actual crunch channel, can I use the Gizmo so that the GT-10 basically sees the amp as a three channel amp? Can I program the clean, crunch and lead into the GT-10 so that it will switch to those things when I change presets, even though I can't do that with the regular footswitch?

Thank you.

unless the crunch switch on the 6534 is controllable by some other means i(e midi or an additional footswitch) other than the switch on the facia then no without modifying the amp to add a remote switching capability

The Crunch on the 6505+ (and so I presume also on the 6534+) is footswitchable, so yes, the Mini Amp Gizmo would be able to control it.

Back