6x Hold Button Questions

Daniel Kim

Hey Ron and everyone?
I'm leaving a message because I have a question.
As I attached in the screenshot,
On the preset page, there is a hold button on gain stage 1 button.
What this hold button does is open and close the h90's audio loop.
However, if i want to return to gain stage 1 with the hold button activated,
Can't go back by tapping briefly instead of pressing and holding?

스크린샷 2023-10-02 오후 9.47.07.png

Assuming that the "Gain Stage 1" button is a preset button, then the reason you can't go back to it is because the button is already selected.

You can, however, set Preset 2nd Press to Reload (in Global settings). This will make it reload a preset when you press a preset button a second or subsequent time.

Assuming that the "Gain Stage 1" button is a preset button, then the reason you can't go back to it is because the button is already selected.

You can, however, set Preset 2nd Press to Reload (in Global settings). This will make it reload a preset when you press a preset button a second or subsequent time.

It is perfect! i love you

Ron, and I have one more question.
If you look at my screenshot, you will see a hold button on the right that goes to the global preset.
activate the global button, Timeline and Big Sky will change to PC, but h90 will not change. The h90 hold button in preset 1.2 works well.
In preset 1.2, the pc command was assigned to the ia button, but in preset 4 ( GainStage3 ), the global preset button was set to ia preset -> global.

There are a few changes you need. First, any IA button that calls a System / Preset action should have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off, and Momentary turned on. This makes sure the button is triggered every time it's pressed (or in your case, held), and that it doesn't trigger when you change presets. The hold function on button 4 should have these changes applied.

On your other H90 hold functions (H90 4 and H90 Reverb), you need to turn off Send on Preset Change. If that setting is left on, those buttons will always send a program change to the H90, and this can override whichever preset you actually want the H90 to go to. For example, if you hold button 4 to select the global preset, your preset will send PC 10 to the H90. But, the H90 4 button and the H90 Reverb will both send PC 1 to the H90. So you end up on the wrong preset.

There are a few changes you need. First, any IA button that calls a System / Preset action should have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off, and Momentary turned on. This makes sure the button is triggered every time it's pressed (or in your case, held), and that it doesn't trigger when you change presets. The hold function on button 4 should have these changes applied.

On your other H90 hold functions (H90 4 and H90 Reverb), you need to turn off Send on Preset Change. If that setting is left on, those buttons will always send a program change to the H90, and this can override whichever preset you actually want the H90 to go to. For example, if you hold button 4 to select the global preset, your preset will send PC 10 to the H90. But, the H90 4 button and the H90 Reverb will both send PC 1 to the H90. So you end up on the wrong preset.
Thanks Ron, I really appreciate you taking your time to respond. I changed the settings as you said and it works normally as I want.
But when I do this, why doesn't the light activate when the global preset is activated?

update:

As Ron told me, I set the global button the same as preset 1 and 2, so the lights are activated and the preset works normally.

Last edited:
Back