a little confused

kurtr2

Hi,

I have been programming using the editor in anticipation of the arrival of my new mastermind GT. very psyched for this thing.

question: it seems like you must use only one global button layout regardless of preset. I Imagined that I could have different presets that tailored the button layout for whatever things i am actually using in that preset.

for example:

preset 1. "Guitar": page one for Axe FX effect IA's, page two for Axe-FX looper functions
preset 2. "Guitar with Ableton": Page one for Axe-FX effect IA's, page two for remote control of Ableton functions.

am i missing something?

thanks,
Kurt

Don't have my GT yet either but did some research. RJM are GREAT about CS and answering questions. I was even making some feature requests and Ron was great about hearing them out.

Ron has said a future version would allow a custom page per preset, but not all 16 pages will change on a preset basis.

So the default page for a preset can have a custom layout and labels, but pages 2-16 would be global.

You may need to change you way of thinking a bit but I think the new scenario will be e en better than what you are asking for.

We will need way less Axe IAs as your preset page can shiw only the ones you need for that preset. I plan on using scenes on my preset page and maybe have page 4 be axe IAs. To me scenes are the way to go. Being able to label the 8 scenes on each preset is way better than doing an IA tap dance.

Going from a clean amp with chorus and verb to a crunch amp with drives and delay via IAs is a pain. Now I click scene 8 that is labeled solo. The axe changes to amp Y, shuts of chorus and verb, and kicks on drive and delay.

I plan on the preset page being:

5 preset buttons that read the oarch names from Axe.

5 buttons for IA functions on POD HD Pro, Adrenalinn III and others if needed depending on the patch some presets may use these to do PC on Adrenalinn or POD or trigger a scene on maschine. Maybe turn on or off FX loops if that patch requires it.

8 buttons to call up a combination of Axe Scenes and HD IA states etc, all labeled correctly for each preset. IMHO this will make the GT light years ahead of other FC

2 buttons for hank up and down

1 for page

1 for tuner tap tempo

Page 2 can be to control loopers of axe, pod and trigger scenes in maschine

Page 3 may be all axe IAs mostly for checking volumes, muting amps etc. only used beforegig and never during

I never liked having a ton of IAs that were not used in a patch clogging up my FC. Assigning a IA to phaser that I may never use in a bachata or country patch seemed silly.

With these new add onscRJM will change the way we think of FCs. If we open our minds a bit!

Hi Kurt,

There are 16 button pages, and each preset can call up any of those pages. In the latest editor (0.8.0), on the preset page there's a "Show Page" selection next to where you type in the preset name. That allows you to control which page is made visible when the preset is selected.

In the near future, we will go a bit farther and allow each preset to have its own page layout (or you can still select from the 16 global pages).

Back