A note about Axe-Fx III support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey it’s almost been two weeks :). How’s it going?

Reasonably well, it's mostly done. There's been some back-and-forth with Cliff, ironing out some details. If we're reasonably lucky, we'll have a beta later this week. It is contingent on getting a new Axe-Fx firmware release, so until you see Axe-Fx 1.14, you also won't see GT 4.1.

I have some fun stuff working. It will read from the Axe-Fx, creating GT songs out of the Axe presets, and GT presets out of Axe scenes. IA buttons are created with channel selection menus on the hold function. This is all optional and user configurable, of course, but it makes it quick to get things up and running. The only CCs that need to be configured on the Axe-Fx are external controllers, if you're using those.

Reasonably well, it's mostly done. There's been some back-and-forth with Cliff, ironing out some details. If we're reasonably lucky, we'll have a beta later this week. It is contingent on getting a new Axe-Fx firmware release, so until you see Axe-Fx 1.14, you also won't see GT 4.1.

I have some fun stuff working. It will read from the Axe-Fx, creating GT songs out of the Axe presets, and GT presets out of Axe scenes. IA buttons are created with channel selection menus on the hold function. This is all optional and user configurable, of course, but it makes it quick to get things up and running. The only CCs that need to be configured on the Axe-Fx are external controllers, if you're using those.
Thanks Ron!!!!

Fantastic news, thank you.

I have some fun stuff working. It will read from the Axe-Fx, creating GT songs out of the Axe presets, and GT presets out of Axe scenes. IA buttons are created with channel selection menus on the hold function.

Is this a deeper level of integration than what was possible with the GT and Axe II? Or about the same? Thanks.

Is this a deeper level of integration than what was possible with the GT and Axe II? Or about the same? Thanks.

It's very similar to the support on the II series, but we do add support for channels and scene names. Probably the biggest difference is the downloading of presets and scenes that I described in the previous post.

Just curious about the scene name functionality.

Do secene names actually appear on the buttons themselves, or do they flash on the main screen similar to how patch changes work?

Just curious about the scene name functionality.

Do secene names actually appear on the buttons themselves, or do they flash on the main screen similar to how patch changes work?

By default, they would show up in both locations. The main screen would have Axe-Fx preset name in the top row and scene name in the bottom. Scene names will also appear in the buttons. If you turn on "Song Name Only", it will display only the Axe-Fx preset name in the main display.

By default, they would show up in both locations. The main screen would have Axe-Fx preset name in the top row and scene name in the bottom. Scene names will also appear in the buttons. If you turn on "Song Name Only", it will display only the Axe-Fx preset name in the main display.

I’m sad I can only Like this post once.

This is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back