Adding button and loops to pbc

Hey All,
I know there are some clever folks in this forum so here goes. I want to expand my PBC10. My 10 loops are full and i would love to have more loops, but also more buttons for instant access while using preset page. I am researching how to do this. I know i could add an a mini effect gizmo for the loops, but the loops are for wah, germanium fuzz and vibe in front of pbc, and in a perfect world, i would add a few more in the insert point between 6 and 7.
My research has led me to disaster area dpc8 or dpc5. I am certain i can get the pbc to switch the new loops on and off by creating a new button page and using cc msg to turn the loops on and off. What i cant suss out is if i can use the dpc buttons to SEND cc msg back to pbc in an instant access kind of way. Anyone successfully done this, or is there a better product to fill these needs i can integrate?
Thanks,

John

What I'm hearing is that you want to have pedals in the DPC loops, have the PBC control those loops, but also be able to toggle them with the DPC buttons? Ron will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the PBC is designed to integrate with third-party MIDI devices in that way.

It may be possible that a function could be added that tells the PBC to "listen" for a specific PC/CC and use that to toggle a programmed button's commands, but as cool as that would be (I can imagine some uses for it that I would use myself...), I imagine the programming for that would be rather intensive/time-consuming for a feature that (likely) few people would use.

Personally I've found that the simplest solution is to set up the PBC itself to handle features like this, and use external MIDI controllers purely for page navigation to free up buttons on the PBC for fun stuff like what you mention above (as in my YouTube video that I believe you've already seen). If you need more loops, then I'd recommend the RJM Mini Effects Gizmo, as it is designed to work perfectly with RJM controllers.

What I'm hearing is that you want to have pedals in the DPC loops, have the PBC control those loops, but also be able to toggle them with the DPC buttons? Ron will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the PBC is designed to integrate with third-party MIDI devices in that way.

It may be possible that a function could be added that tells the PBC to "listen" for a specific PC/CC and use that to toggle a programmed button's commands, but as cool as that would be (I can imagine some uses for it that I would use myself...), I imagine the programming for that would be rather intensive/time-consuming for a feature that (likely) few people would use.

Personally I've found that the simplest solution is to set up the PBC itself to handle features like this, and use external MIDI controllers purely for page navigation to free up buttons on the PBC for fun stuff like what you mention above (as in my YouTube video that I believe you've already seen). If you need more loops, then I'd recommend the RJM Mini Effects Gizmo, as it is designed to work perfectly with RJM controllers.
Yeah, that is pretty much the size of it, but i have made a few changes. Im going to use a morningstar mc8 as a "slave" and a morningstar ml5 as the added loops, controlled from the pbc. Should be here next week.

Very good choice on the morningstar kit! While the Disaster Area stuff (I have the DPC8EZ) is handy and works as advertised, the morningstar stuff is beating them right now imo with customization and user friendliness. Enjoy!

Back