Adding external switches

Jerome F

I’d like to add three remote switches, two dedicated to switching pages and one to manage tap tempo to the PBC 6X. Is this possible?

You can add two switches via the function jack on the back, and those can handle any of the tasks you mentioned.
If you want more than that, then you'll need to use a MIDI controller to control the PBC, but that brings a whole host of new potential issues, and the PBCs MIDI implementation (as far as being controlled by MIDI) is extremely limited (there's a list of possible commands on the MIDI page of the editor).

Correct, there's a 2 external switch limit on the PBC/6X. My recommendation would be to use one button that's set up for page up, but with a hold function for page down. Then the other could be tap tempo.

PianoMan: what other functions do you need to have controlled by CCs?

Correct, there's a 2 external switch limit on the PBC/6X. My recommendation would be to use one button that's set up for page up, but with a hold function for page down. Then the other could be tap tempo.

Banking is by far the biggest one on my wishlist!

Thanks!! That makes a great deal of sense!

Back