AFXIII Mark II questions

Dbow

I'm having trouble getting my GT22 to read Presets/Scenes from my AFX. One issue I have is that I can reset the number of presets on the device to 1024 but the read presets function only goes to 999. Not a huge deal as those presets are empty now but those AustinBuddy presets fill things up fast. The other issue I have is The GT22 hanging while importing. It is hanging on random presets while importing, I believe the highest I've gotten is 540 or so. I've made sure that the Axe and the GT are not connected to anything but each other and there is no input plugged into the AFX.

Any suggestions?

I'm having trouble getting my GT22 to read Presets/Scenes from my AFX. One issue I have is that I can reset the number of presets on the device to 1024 but the read presets function only goes to 999. Not a huge deal as those presets are empty now but those AustinBuddy presets fill things up fast. The other issue I have is The GT22 hanging while importing. It is hanging on random presets while importing, I believe the highest I've gotten is 540 or so. I've made sure that the Axe and the GT are not connected to anything but each other and there is no input plugged into the AFX.

Any suggestions?
Hi, I've noticed over the years that my MMGT22 would get Hung up reading Presets from time to time. So I made up some rules for myself.
I always Start with my Axe FX III and MMGT22 on Preset 001. Nothing else running on my Mac, Axe Edit Not Running or Fractal Bot.
It always works when I do that.
How are you liking the Axe FX III Mark II ? I'm on the waitlist waiting patiently...

Please note that the GT has only 768 presets, so you won't be able to read all presets in. That said, stopping at 540 shouldn't be caused by that.

I haven't seen a preset reading hang in a long time, but if you are seeing it, Rain is right - make sure nothing else is sending MIDI at the time. You can always the the read in sections - for example if it stops at 540, you can set up the next read to start at 541 and end at 768.

Hi, I've noticed over the years that my MMGT22 would get Hung up reading Presets from time to time. So I made up some rules for myself.
I always Start with my Axe FX III and MMGT22 on Preset 001. Nothing else running on my Mac, Axe Edit Not Running or Fractal Bot.
It always works when I do that.
How are you liking the Axe FX III Mark II ? I'm on the waitlist waiting patiently...
You're absolutely right. I'd forgotten that I'd had this issue with my old AFXII/MFC rig and shutting everything else on the computer makes a big difference. I've had the Mark II less than a week. It's a very large jump from my AFX II. The sound quality is definitely better but the biggest difference is the huge jump in processor power. Very comparable to going from an MFC to a GT22. I've hit the ceiling on purpose but it was a pretty crazy preset when I got there. Couldn't be happier with it. The wait list was brutal, over three months but I'm glad I ended up with a Mark II

I didn't realize about the 768 limit on the GT22. I should have looked at the manual. I just guessed because I could edit the device to 1024 that the GT could get there as well. It really is just for auditioning presets from AustinBuddy and that won't happen often. Out of curiosity is that a hardware/memory limit or software?

The limit is primarily just a decision made based on the number of presets I figured people would need. The limit was 512 until Axe-Fxs started having 768 presets (and Kemper came out with 625). The more presets, the slower settings transfer is, so I tried to limit it. It might be possible to go to 1024, but I'm not sure that there's enough memory. At the minimum, it would take a lot of rearranging.

Back