Am I missing something? Roland FS-6

kitemonkey

So, I picked up a Roland FS-6 dual footswitch the other day, and I'll be damned if I can get it to work properly on the PBC. I suspect operator error myself however...

It's setup in the editor at the moment to switch a Mobius, and even if I set it do something simple like activate switch A, all I can get it to do is go down a bank, but, only if I hit it twice. Very odd, so my initial thought was there's some magic to setting up those switches right. (I am using a proper TRS cable back to the PBC)

A snap shot of the editor, this is while editing the global value.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 9.09.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 9.09.13 PM.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 1
Make sure the FS-6 is set to momentary switching, otherwise it's not going to work correctly.

Working better bow, though it still seems to require two presses to make a change. But while we are on the topic, how could I set one of those to trigger a loop on/off?

thanks!

That sounds like it's still in latching mode instead of momentary... Pressing and releasing a momentary button is exactly like pressing a latching button twice.

To assign the external button to control a loop, open it up in the editor, then press Add Action. Set type to Audio, subtype to Loop and the loop number to the desired loop.

Also on the fs-6 there is a polarity switch. if in the wrong position when the switch is up the contacts are closed and open when you push the switch down. Not sure if that would make a difference to pbc but worth checking. Also if using 1 trs cable both sets of switches should be set the same. My 2 cents

LBC

Yes, that probably has something to do with it. Make sure the switches are set to momentary AND normally open.

Back