Another possible new product...

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Another product I'm considering releasing is a Mini Effect Gizmo. This started out as a custom project, but it fell through and the design has been sitting on my computer for a year.

The specs: 5 audio loops, buffer, click stopper (both buffer and click stopper can be bypassed). Works just like the Effect Gizmo and uses the same hardware. Size is about 8x4x1.5 inches / 20x10x4cm - half rack sized. Controls will be on the front and jacks on the rear panel, so it can be rackmounted as well as put on a pedalboard or rack drawer.

What do you think?

Hey Ron that would be awesome!!! That would complete your Looper product line, because not everyone needs as much loops as the Effect Gizmo provides and this would be the perfect product for them

I could definitely see a use for that. Sort of a cross between an Effect Gizmo and a GRX4. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Attachments

• DocMartin12-Apr-2015.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Yeah, it definitely is in the GRX4 realm. Since I have not heard anything from Axess in ages, I'm assuming that we're not going to see any more GRX4s. That's largely what inspired me to move ahead with the idea - sometimes a small switcher is just what you need, right?

I know Mario was talking to a few companies about carrying on Axess (part of me wondered if RJM were one of them) but there's been no updates in a long time. He's not given anything away on Facebook lately either. It's a shame - although the GRX4 had its quirks, it was a great bit of kit.

This sounds awesome! I really am looking forward to any news/release of this as it's exactly what I'm after. I am curious though:
-How are the loops? Are you going to have all 5 loops wired in series internally or will you have 1 or 2 that are seperate?
-Any idea what the power requirements might be?

Yes, it's definite now and will be available in January. It has 5 loops in series. Power requirements are 9V at about 200mA.

Back