Another question about pages

Neill00

I just want to know if this is possible. I’ve put a “page up” and a “page menu” on the same button. The first is just normal the second is the hold function. I know in the main global settings I can limit the number of pages but is it possible to limit even further for just the “page up”.

I would like be able to just tap the page up button to alternate between 2 pages and then if I tap and hold that same button, it will bring up a menu giving me access to all the available pages.

Maybe there’s another way altogether to attack this. Is it possible to assign a button to go to specific pages? If so I could just set up an “on” and “off” state on the tap to go between two pages and even assign another button that would take me to page 1 no matter what page I’m on.

You can use a System / Page action to go to any specific page you like. Create an IA button on page 1. On that button, turn off all checkboxes except Update on Preset Change. Then add this action:

System / Page 2

Then, you can add a hold function to the button, and set it to Page Menu type.

On Page 2, do the same, but put a System / Page 1 action on it.

EDIT: the above should read "turn off all buttons except Momentary". That will work better.

Last edited:
That might fix your other problem about choosing a page by midi!
Maybe you could use CC link for the GT to receive different CC messages from BandHelper to trigger IA buttons as shown above, I haven't tried it though... Ron?

Actually, yes, you could use CC Link to allow a computer to activate buttons on the GT, and those buttons could select pages for you. It would take some setup, and would need at least one button per every two pages you need to access. If you have a button page you're not using, it would be possible to do it this way.

That’s interesting, I will for sure have some pages free. I will try to figure this out. Paggzy thought of another work around but I’m not sure if I could get that to work, so I’m going to figure out the easiest way and what fits with my workflow.

Neil if your AxeFX is a "3" another option is you could send the CC messages using the Scene Midi block so your scenes could choose different pages via CC link.

Actually, yes, you could use CC Link to allow a computer to activate buttons on the GT, and those buttons could select pages for you. It would take some setup, and would need at least one button per every two pages you need to access. If you have a button page you're not using, it would be possible to do it this way.

I’m finally getting around to trying to set this up. So I was reading in the manual to try to figure this out. I figure I won’t need too many different pages for live performance so I set up page 10 dedicated to just having 9 of the buttons set up to each select a different page. If I am understanding the manual correctly, when I use the CC link for a given button, it’s going to look for an incoming CC message that matches the first action for the button. But it won’t do anything with that action, it will just recognize that this is the button to be activated and then perform any actions that are after the first one.

If this is correct then for instance if I want button 1 on page 10 (the dedicated “page selection” page) to select page 1 via midi from my iPad, I would first set up my iPad to send a CC on the GT’s channel say CC toggle #1. Then for that button on page 10 I choose an action for the GT as the device, say, CC toggle #21 (IA) and this would sort of be a “dummy” action as it is just identifying what button on the GT I want to activate. Then I setup a second action IA choose system then page and page #1.

I wanted to get clarification before I start. Looking at the CC chart for the GT it appears that CC’s 20 to 31 are not being used by the GT for any other functions. But that chart also says “recognized” “no”. So assuming my understanding above isn’t too far off, could I just use CC’s 21-29 as my CCs for each of the buttons? Or is that chart just the send chart and I could use whatever I want?

My apologies, after a certain point with midi I just start to get lost.

If you're sending CC#1 to the GT, then the button you wish to trigger needs to have CC Toggle #1 action at its first action.

If you can hang tight for another day or so, firmware 4.5.0 will be out. I managed to sneak in a quick hack, CC#119 on the MIDI Receive Channel will now change pages (value 0 = page 1, value 1 = page 2, etc.) The CC number is not configurable right now, I didn't want to delay the release to put in the UI changes.

Oh it makes total sense to wait. That will be a much easier solution. CC#119 works for me. But just to determine if I was on the right track. I have CC#1 as my first action and that identifies the button then the second action is where I would put an IA > system > Page > Page number. Correct?

Yes, that's correct. CC Link will use the first action just to identify which button should be triggered. The CC action won't send any messages. The second action - the Page action - will be triggered, causing the page to change.

Thanks for the reply. It's very helpful fit me to determine if I'm on the right track when I'm navigating the manual. To those who are well versed in the midi world it probably all seems academic. My very basic understanding leaves me doubting myself. So I'm going to call this a win that I had it right.

Back