Any advice for single-amp stereo effects?

AaronJ16

Ok, hopefully the post title makes sense. I'm sure I have my terminology wrong, but here's what I'm doing anyway. My goal is to run stereo effects post speaker cabinet.

1. Mono effects to front of a single amp (using out 5-6)
2. Out from a Suhr Reactive Load IR to in 7-10 (sort of the digital equivalent of sending a mic'd up cabinet to outboard gear for effects processing)
3. Stereo loops will all have stereo effects including the Strymon Volante and Poly Effects Digit (I may add others)
4. Output A/B to DAW or FOH

#2-#4 is where I'm looking for advice before I start rewiring. Any thoughts, or recommendations on the optimal configuration?

Happy Holidays!

Works great. Just make sure you're not driving the line level too hard. Some pedals will clip otherwise. Had that on my Timeline and BigSky, but it's pretty obvious and easy to adjust.
Having delay and reverb after the amp will sound a lot clearer than before. Maybe try that once and see if you like it before rewiring your whole board.

My board is set up to either run
amp -> loadbox -> IR (exactly like you described)
amp sims from an HX Stomp into stereo pedals
Real amps with all pedals in front

I like all setups for different reasons

Just ran a test in mono, and the B output has a slight volume drop. Any thoughts on what might cause that? I think the only thing I need to do in terms of rewiring is to create stereo splitter cables. Otherwise it seems I'm set up.

I have the Volante and my reverb pedal set at line level so no clipping issues.

Just ran a test in mono, and the B output has a slight volume drop. Any thoughts on what might cause that? I think the only thing I need to do in terms of rewiring is to create stereo splitter cables. Otherwise it seems I'm set up.

I have the Volante and my reverb pedal set at line level so no clipping issues.

Are you using only mono cables in the loops? There is a button at the back to send output A to both outputs. Hit that.
If you still have a volume drop, then it might be a faulty cable or different input gains at your monitors or DAW?

You could try going into one pedal from the PBC (let's say into the Volante) and use both outputs from that pedal directly to see if you get equal volume

Are you using only mono cables in the loops? There is a button at the back to send output A to both outputs. Hit that.
If you still have a volume drop, then it might be a faulty cable or different input gains at your monitors or DAW?

You could try going into one pedal from the PBC (let's say into the Volante) and use both outputs from that pedal directly to see if you get equal volume
Even without running any pedal loops, still get a volume differential between output A and output B. I eliminated all cabling to test - still a delta between A and B roughly as pictured in the screen capture with DAW levels consistent. Mono output in. Guessing the level differential is internal to the PBC 10.

1CEE1068-BF79-43E0-93C1-D08506DC6733_4_5005_c.jpeg

Does turning the isolation transformer on or off change the B output at all? Also, What happens if you turn Buffer 3 off? (Make sure Iso B is turned off when turning the buffer off).

You nailed it. Turning off iso B brought the level back. Buffer 3 can be on or off as long as iso B is turned off. Thank you!

Back