Any chance a cable could be made for a Kasha Rockmod I preamp?

I have a Kasha Rockmod I that I could use a cable for to switch with my amp gizmo. It's an old unit but sounds great. I've tried contacting John Kasha to no avail yet. Hoping you might have a schematic or know of it??

What kind of footswitch connector does it have?
Just 2x 1/4" trs jacks that I can't seem to figure out..I have the standard 4 cable and using just 2 but..it's just weird and I'm hoping you can figure it out?..I'd probably have to send the unit to you..lol! I've emailed John Kasha but no answer as of yet

Is it doing anything at all when connected?
I can hook one up to the channel switching and get it to go through the channels. it's the master 1 and master 2
on the lead channel I'm having trouble . when I plug another cable in the control for those..the whole thing shuts down
lights are out etc. But..I've been able to get it functioning by manipulating the plug at different depths. I'm going to try a trs cable in the channel control and a regular 1/4" mono cable..don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. So..That's my project for tomorrow and I'll report back..lol!

I can hook one up to the channel switching and get it to go through the channels. it's the master 1 and master 2
on the lead channel I'm having trouble . when I plug another cable in the control for those..the whole thing shuts down
lights are out etc. But..I've been able to get it functioning by manipulating the plug at different depths. I'm going to try a trs cable in the channel control and a regular 1/4" mono cable..don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. So..That's my project for tomorrow and I'll report back..lol!

Well...Nuthin...I don't get it I guess? Driving me nuts!! lol! But on the plus side..When I plug a mono jack into the lead channels master controls..All the channel indicator lights stay on..When inserting a trs jack..they go out so..Maybe that is clue??

When the cable is plugged into the second jack, does switching the Amp Gizmo switches do anything? Is there only one function on the second jack?

When the cable is plugged into the second jack, does switching the Amp Gizmo switches do anything? Is there only one function on the second jack?
There are no switches which makes it so frustrating!.I would think at least with no footswitch hooked up it would fire up in one channel but...it doesn't even do that?? You can get sound but..it's not a good one. I'm thinking something is wrong and they gooped these things making it near impossible to troubleshoot,fix etc..The second jack is to switch between the 2 master volumes on the dirt channels. Might be time to scrap it...ugggh!

Wow, that's odd. Do you have the footswitch for the amp?

I don't and I'm using or...trying to use an Amp Gizmo (Great stuff Ron!! ) Here's where I'm at. I can get everything lit and switching channels and can even get the 2 master volumes working only..it's tricky and have to finesse a plug and find the sweet spot (I'm thinking this jack might be whacked) I've also noticed that..With nothing plugged into the channels switch jack, The master volumes jack does not work without something in the channel switch jack?. What I really can't understand is why there is no "default" channel with nothing plugged in? Footswitch completes the circuit somehow?. Like I said..I can get everything lit up with patience and finesse but, Can't get them to work how I think they should work and maybe? I'm wanting to do something it's not designed to do? There's 3 channels and 3 master volumes and I think I should be able to set it up as follows: Clean channel has it's own master,Crunch uses one of the 2 other master and lead that uses the 3rd and final master. That's what I can't sort out?? I've been trying to get in contact with John Kasha but..ghost town..

Last edited:
Back