Anyone had luck with changing Quad Cortex Scenes with PBC 6X?

Lucas-Sharp

Title^

I've been playing around with my new QC as a means to replace the Kemper, and I'm at the part where I'm trying to use the PBC 6X's stomps to change the scenes of one preset on the QC, but no matter the commands I enter, no scenes are staying.

For context I have the PBC set up to be using 5 presets, and for Presets 1-5, I have used the same PC command to pull up the preset I'm after for one song along PBC Presets 1-5.
For QC Context, I'm in scene mode, and whenever I try and go from Scene A to any other of the first 5 scenes (A, B, C, D, E in conjunction wit PBC 1-5) even when programmed via the PBC, it quickly flashes to that programmed scene then instantly reverts back to scene A.

For example:
I'm trying to use Preset 2 on the PBC to activate Scene B from the Quad Cortex.
I've gone into the Preset Actions menu and set the CC Toggle to the correct value for activating Footswitch B on the QC. This only gives the milisecond result where it jumps to Scene B, then reverts to A on the QC, not matter what I try.
I've even tried using the CC command just for asking for which of the 8 Scenes present on the QC I want to choose, and that has the same effect of automatically reverting to Scene A of any preset I set in the PC Messages that PBC sends out from MIDI.

I'm not sure what command or device settings is set within the PBC that is making the QC prioritise this Preset's A scene over every other command.

Attachments

• PBC QC.jpeg
    PBC QC.jpeg
    857 KB · Views: 7
Sounds like there's a conflict in your settings. Do you have buttons configured to select individual scenes? If so, make sure they don't have Send on Preset Change turned on, so they don't automatically send their messages on every preset change.

Sounds like there's a conflict in your settings. Do you have buttons configured to select individual scenes? If so, make sure they don't have Send on Preset Change turned on, so they don't automatically send their messages on every preset change.
That's fixed the issue thank you.
How would I used buttons configured for individual scenes within presets? I would like to be able to see what scene the QC is in within a preset

If you actually need the buttons to work on preset change, turn Send on Preset Change back on. Don't use any preset actions that would conflict. When you want a specific scene to be selected for a preset, use the IA Buttons tab in the editor to turn on a specific scene button for each preset. Then, when you select a preset, the desired scene button will turn on and it'll send the scene select CC. This will do a better job of keeping the button in sync with the actual selected scene.

If you actually need the buttons to work on preset change, turn Send on Preset Change back on. Don't use any preset actions that would conflict. When you want a specific scene to be selected for a preset, use the IA Buttons tab in the editor to turn on a specific scene button for each preset. Then, when you select a preset, the desired scene button will turn on and it'll send the scene select CC. This will do a better job of keeping the button in sync with the actual selected scene.
I tired this however every time the CQ would bounce back to its default scene. I'm guessing it's something to do with the PC message being sent that selects the scene. Is there way to determine the order of the messages sent when hitting a preset button and using AI buttons?

During a preset change, things happen in this order:

1. Send a MIDI program change (PC) message to any of your connected MIDI devices
  2. Perform up to 10 actions, each of which can send any MIDI message or activate another function on the Mastermind.
  3. Change the state of each of the IA buttons and force those buttons to send their MIDI messages
  4. Change the currently visible button page, and load a local button page if requested
  5. Adjust the current system tempo
  6. Load new settings for expression pedals and external switches (if requested)
IA buttons start sending in the upper left corner of page 1, then go across each row, left to right then top to bottom. It then goes to page 2, etc.

Are your PCs being sent by the preset, or by an IA button? Having the preset send it would insure that the PC comes out before the CCs.

Back