Anyone using the GT to control OnSong?

Big Lid

I'd like to be able to switch the songs in OnSong by selecting the corresponding song from the song list in the GT. I'd like to be able to send midi to the ipad via a USB > lightning cable. If that's not possible then perhaps the CME widi bluetooth. I've seen the post where the ipad was used to change the song on the GT but I want to go the opposite direction.
thanks!

If the OnSong app accepts MIDI, then you should be able to do it. A Bluetooth MIDI solution should work, although I have not personally tried one. You can make a direct cable connection using Apple's "Lightning Camera Adapter" cable for a standard iPad, or a USB C to USB B cable for an iPad Pro or newer iPad Mini or Air.

So plug the into the GT22? I tried using a standard usb b to lightening cable but my iPad didn’t see it, not sure if I missed a step to connect the two. Am I supposed to add the iPad as a device on the MEGX?

So plug the into the GT22? I tried using a standard usb b to lightening cable but my iPad didn’t see it, not sure if I missed a step to connect the two. Am I supposed to add the iPad as a device on the MEGX?
On an iPad, you need Apple's "Lightning Camera Adapter cable" plus a USB A to USB B cable to make the connection.

I’d like to do the same. I’m using a WIDI jack.
I’m not seeing where the songs send a pc or cc message for OnSong to read unless I’ve missed something. Some songs use same presets so sending by preset doesn’t work appropriately for me without duplicate exact presets. Ron can you shed some light on how songs send messages?
Thanks in advance.

I’m not seeing where the songs send a pc or cc message for OnSong to read unless I’ve missed something. Some songs use same presets so sending by preset doesn’t work appropriately for me without duplicate exact presets. Ron can you shed some light on how songs send messages?
Thanks in advance.
Songs don't send messages, only presets do. You would have to have at least one unique preset per song in order to make that work.

I go the other way around and have the song on my ipad (Bandhelper app in my case) to choose the song or preset on my MMGT. I would do it the other way around but with the rest of the band using the same app it’s easier to sync setlists from the iPad itself. Still I have done what Ron suggested and created a different preset for every song. While I tend to use the same patch on my axe FX most of the night, the presets on the MMGT have to send CC messages for different keys and scales on my vocal processor. It’s extra work up front but it’s worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.
were you able to figure it out?

Back