Assigning Function to Preset On Second Press

stringtheorist

I want a second press of certain preset buttons to switch my Kemper's Morph state (or alternatively use a designated IA switch for this). Is this possible? (Note: Online manual seems not to show IA as a second-press option in the Globals tab).

That's what the IA second press option is for (and yes, I do need to add that to the documentation). Just add a CC action to the preset button that controls the Morph feature. Please note that the IA 2nd press option is set per button and not per preset, so when you set it up, for example, on the 1st preset button, that button will always perform that function whether the button is showing preset 1, preset 6, etc.

Hi Ron, i've tried setting up one of my ia second press buttons to momentarily switch on an audio loop. I can't get it to work though, it just latches. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? The song I'm on only has 1 preset, it's onthr 1st button and that is also where I've added the momentary ia second press function.

Cheers

That's what the IA second press option is for (and yes, I do need to add that to the documentation). Just add a CC action to the preset button that controls the Morph feature. Please note that the IA 2nd press option is set per button and not per preset, so when you set it up, for example, on the 1st preset button, that button will always perform that function whether the button is showing preset 1, preset 6, etc.
And, just to be clear, after setting the Globals tab 2nd press option to IA, I just need to edit the button page for each Preset button, assign the IA action and set the IA mode LED colour states?

And, just to be clear, after setting the Globals tab 2nd press option to IA, I just need to edit the button page for each Preset button, assign the IA action and set the IA mode LED colour states?

Correct. Once Preset 2nd Press is set to IA, any preset button that has IA actions defined will start executing those actions when it's pressed a second time.

Back