Assigning LED to Loop when using Function Switch

Natty84

I've been tidying up my PBC6X layouts to streamline how I use it in a live situation and I'm almost there except for a couple of quirks I can't quite figure out - picture for reference.

Board.jpg

I spend most of my time on two pages. A 'preset' page where the bottom row of buttons calls up presets and the top row as IA buttons to turn on different modulation, delays, verbs, etc. The second page is a Loops page which is more or less a stompbox page which lets me turn on/off different gain stages depending on what's needed. I've found this set up is super flexible and allows for quick changes so I'm not locked to whatever the preset is set to.

My 3rd and 4th Gain Stage is handled by The Kilt V2 (in loop 4) which has the normal and red mode - selectable by using the FnSwitch. I've noticed that sometimes when I select a preset that has The Kilt's Blue side active (loop 4 open) and go to the Loops page, the corresponding LEDs for the Blue and Red side are both lit up - even though the pedal remains on the blue side. For me to switch to the Red side I have to double-tap the IA button to close/reopen the loop and switch modes on the pedal. First Question: How do I adjust the PBC6X config so it doesn't think the Red mode is active when it's not? Or to say it another way, how do I make sure the Button/LED status is correct when using multiple modes of a pedal in one loop?

The second question: How do I create a preset to call up the red side of the Kilt? On the Presets tab, I've tried adding the FnSwitch command in the 'Preset Actions' subtab however while it opens Loop 4 it doesn't switch modes.

I've attached the PBC6X Editor file for reference. Appreciate any help to smooth out these two points.

Attachments

• NdL PBC6X File.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Here's what I recommend:

On both of the buttons in question, set Group to 5 and turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change
In the Groups section of the Globals tab, edit group 5 and turn on Allow All Buttons Off and turn off Send Off Msgs
On the Gain 3 button, add a FnSwitch #1 off:ON on:ON action

Now, in presets where you want the one side or the other to be on, go to the Presets tab, and click the desired button to program it to be on for that preset. Also, click the Fn Switch 1 button in the lower left corner of the Presets tab to turn on the function switch. Don't use any preset actions.

This will allow you to control the function switch and loop, and will keep the buttons in sync with that state so that you don't have to press a button twice to get it in the desired state.

This worked perfectly. Thanks Ron! Really grateful for the guidance.

The only quirk which I think is Kilt specific is that the Kilt considers the Blue side as the ON mode. Switching to the Red mode with the FnSw requires the setting to be off: ON on:OFF. Otherwise it'll switch to the red (blue) side when the button is in the off (on) state. Nonetheless I've set it up so it's running as intended so everything is golden.

Back