Audio Gap When Switching Presets on PBC/6X

Devan Bumstead

I’m noticing a slight audio gap when switching presets on my PBC/6X. Anyone else have this issue or know the culprit? I’m having the PBC control a lot of things at once (Mobius, Timeline, BigSky, Iridium, & Bloom + 5 overdrives including a split mono) (the Stryfecta and the Iridium are in separate stereo loops as well) and I haven’t narrowed it down quite yet but I feel like it had a gap, for example, when I switched from Preset 1 to Preset 2, but when I went back to Preset 1 there was no gap. Again, I’ll do more tests to find out.

The PBC6 shouldn't cause any gap at all. I recommend unplugging each pedal, one at a time, and see if you can find the culprit.

So, I haven't unplugged each pedal yet but I confirmed that there's an audio gap between every preset, no matter what drives or other stuff is on. I'll attach the config file in case there's a clue in there somewhere.

Attachments

• PCB6X 01.rjs.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 2
Late reply but I had a similar issue that was caused by the pbc sending a pc and cc message to my strymon compadre at preset changes. I got rid of the cc and it switched with no gap. Hope that helps!

The PBC6 shouldn't cause any gap at all. I recommend unplugging each pedal, one at a time, and see if you can find the culprit.
Thanks Gunner666 and RJM. So I do still have the issue and it happens on every preset. I've had the issue from the beginning and it's never went away. But, I am sending CC messages and PC messages on every preset. I have CC stuff going to my POG2, Blossom, and Mobius and PC stuff going to Mobius, Timeline, BigSky, Iridium, POG2, and the Blossom. I went ahead and attached my .rjs file in case it can be helpful in diagnosing the issue for anyone.

Attachments

• PCB6X 02.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
It's hard to say with that much stuff. I recommend unplugging the pedals, one at a time, from the PBC. At some point the gaps will stop happening, and that will identify which pedal is the culprit. You'll probably have to try different combinations, more than one may be the culprit. Then, for any pedal identified as problematic, you can try turning off Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab. It may help. If it doesn't help, then you'll need to avoid PCs as Gunner did - or use a different pedal.

Back