Auto tap max bpm?

Chris Green

I’m using a Dunlop Echoplex and love the flexibility of controlling the delay time with auto tap. The PBC 10 seems to be have a maximum of 300 BPM. 300 bpm is 200 milliseconds, which is a bit slow for what I’m after. I’d like to have a shorter slap back of about, 130 - 150 milliseconds (400 - 450 bpm). Almost like ambience or room reverb. I’ve tried entering 350.00 bpm in the editor, but that changes to 35 after press save and transmit to device. 400 stays displayed in the editor, but comes out slower than 300 bpm. I’m using an EBS flat patch TS cable and have the function switch 3 set to momentary.

What’s the max BPM that can be transmitted by auto tap?

HI Ron. I can get auto tap to give me slap back at 400bpm with the Dunlop Echoplex now. Sometimes when I switch patches, the delay changes to a slower tempo, even though it's still set to slapjack at 400bpm. If I pull the patch cable out of the Echoplex and switch back to the same patch, it reverts to 400bpm. I'm using an EBS Flat patch cable out of Function Switch 3/4 and have FN3 set to momentary as that seems to work best.

Any idea what would cause the BPM to change?

A lot happens all at once when you change presets on the Mastermind, it might be getting bogged down. Have you tried adding more taps? That may help. Also, shortening the momentary switch time a little might help.

I had the Taps at 3. I've increased it to 4. The milliseconds were at 100. I've decreased that to 90. I'll give that a try.

Thanks Ron

Back