AutoTap question

Skiner

Hello,
I am using auto tap function with custom macro & external switch to send tempo to my Boss DD-500 (Midi clock is not usable in my case due to some DD-500 limitations etc.)

I am wondering what is the logic behind "when" the auto tap macro is executed. I see autotap runs the when I change the song for example (I can hear the relay click).
But there is scenario a where I run into a problem:

1) Change a song on RJM
2) Select first preset in a song, auto tap is executed, sends the song tempo. DD-500 receives tempo.
3) Select second preset of the song - send PC to DD-500 to select another preset with stored BPM which does not match tempo of the song, turn the DD-500 on. Auto tap is not executed now. I need to let DD-500 know the tempo of the song at the moment.

Is there any IA action like "Send auto tap now" / "resend auto tap tempo" which I could use to force autotap? Or is there any other way how to solve this? My preset uses song tempo in general.

Thank you!

Auto tap is executed when the Mastermind's internal tempo changes. In your above example, you say that you're switching to a different DD-500 preset with a different stored tempo. Is the BPM the same in your two GT presets? That's what it uses to determine when to send.

Yes, tempo in RJM presets is the same, presets follows song BPM.

I simply want to reuse one of my DD-500 presets in a different song with different BPM (and different RJM preset)

Is there any solution? I know this is a specific case, but there are reasons why my presets are organized like this :-(

DD-500 ignores midi start or stop. Once it receives midi clock, it sticks to it even if midi clock stops and ignores any other time source (tap, preset BPM) until I restart it.

I don't know of a way to fix that at this time, short of changing things in the firmware.

Back