Axe-Fx III scene switching and turning off IAs?

deadringer

Is it possible to turn off all or some of the IA buttons when changing scenes on the GT-22?

For example, if I’m in scene 1 and turn on phaser, delay, reverb, etc., when I switch to scene 2 all of those IAs remain in their “on” selected state. Is there a way to turn them off when I switch scenes?

Or is that something that will happen once you get the MIDI spec from Fractal with bidirectional MIDI and all?

For now, the only way to do this is to use presets on the GT to recall scenes in the Axe-Fx. Presets can change the state of any or all IA buttons. The best video we have on this topic is actually for the Mastermind LT, but the same configuration will work just as well on the GT. With an Axe-Fx III, you won't yet get IA button status updates from the Axe, but if you configure the buttons that control effect blocks to have "Send on Preset Change" off and "Update on Preset Change" on, you can program them to turn on or off for each preset, and have them mirror the actual configuration of effect blocks in the Axe-Fx.

This video describes a few different configurations, the last one is the one that's most applicable:

Ron, I configured the IAs with the "Send on Preset Change" off and "Update on Preset Change" on.

I'm also trying to figure this out based on another post of yours about this scenario, but I'm having issues getting it to work.
Step #3 is where I'm getting confused. :confused:

Here's the post I'm referring to:

I recently helped a band set up a GT with an Axe-Fx so that the GT preset buttons recalled scenes instead of Axe-Fx presets. There has been some discussion about similar things on this forum, so I'd like to describe what I did in case it's helpful.
  1. Use the default setting of preset buttons with scene buttons underneath (in IA Mode)
  2. Set the Scene buttons to have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on. Set them all to the same group, turn off IA Link on all scene buttons. Set the group with "Allow all buttons off" and "Send off messages" turned off. This makes the scene buttons "take charge" and send their messages to the Axe-Fx without paying any attention to what the Axe-Fx is reporting back to the GT.
  3. Take the number of preset buttons you have in your configuration and create that many presets per song.
    • Each preset within the song should send the same PC number to the Axe-Fx
    • Edit each preset, use the IA buttons to choose which scene should be active. Each preset button should select a different scene
This way, you can make full use of the features presets and songs offer, but select scenes instead of presets on the Axe-Fx.

The LT video goes over that. If you're using a default GT22 configuration with 6 preset buttons, then presets 1-6 should all send PC 1 to the Axe-Fx, presets 7-12 send PC 2 to the Axe-Fx. It's done in groups of 6 presets because you have 6 preset buttons. Each of the 6 buttons will send a different scene CC but the same PC. Banking up to the next bank song will get you 6 scenes in the next preset.

Back