Axe FX III - Toggle Scenes and Naming

Neill00

I’m setting up a page in which one of the buttons just toggles between Scene 1 and Scene 2. So it seems to be the case, at least in my vast inexperience, that the scene name from the Axe FX overrides any name that you want to type in manually for the button. So it says one thing on editor and then when I send changes to device is just names it scene 2. Fair enough, I can get around that by renaming scene 2 on the Axe FX.

I was hoping that I could have used the “^” between Scene 1 and Scene 2 names so that both scene names would be visible on the button and even cooler if one or the other is highlighted depending on the state of the button, if the button is off the top (scene 1) is highlighted when the button is on the bottom (scene 2) is highlighted.... or vice versa I’d be happy either way.

I’m hesitant to put something like this in the wish list because I keep finding out the MMGT can already do pretty much everything I can think of.

In looking into this a little further, my voicelive rack which doesn’t have “scenes” but instead has “steps”. I can in fact toggle between 2 steps on my voicelive rack. I can name them on the MMGT10 footswitch ie “Step 1^Step 2” and it shows up with step 1 above step 2 on the footswitch display and goes back and forth highlighting the active Step. Maybe there is something in the global settings that I’m missing??

A button with a Scene action as the first action will always be overwritten by incoming scene names. If you add an action to the top of the list so that the scene action isn't the first in the list anymore, it will break that link. For example, add a System / Macro or System / Sysex action to the top of the list - they'll do the job even if they refer to an empty macro or sysex.

However, this also breaks the link that causes the button's state to update, so changing the scene on the Axe-Fx will no longer update the button's state. But, if that's ok with you, that approach will work.

I will definitely check that out...I think for my purpose I won't be losing anything by breaking that link... It basically be set up for scene 1 and scene 2 toggle... Since the axe fx defaults to scene 1 upon past change... The lack of update may not be an issue... But I'll play with it and see how it goes...

Ok...I just tested this out and it's exactly what I need... As usual, thank you for the exceptional support...

Back