"Batched/Grouped" MMGT/AFX3 Preset actions?

touch33

Hello, All –
Today's Stupid Question: I've got my AxeFX3 set up with groups of presets, i.e. 1-230 are tasty AustinBuddy presets, 231-308 are custom presets I've done myself (!), 384-460something are courtesy of Yek (super-cool!) – all interspersed with other smaller preset groups from different vendors, rock stars, AxExchange and the like. I want to be able to set up specific MMGT "preset-specified 1st page" "Expression Pedal blocks" and "preset actions" for all of the individual presets in each group, as nobody seems to believe in the existence of a "standard" way to assign external controllers/modifiers/etc. Before I go to the trouble of creating the appropriate settings for EACH INDIVIDUAL PRESET one-by-one-by-one (ouch) is there a way to perform this via some type of "batch" processing? I'm not lazy (I've read the wiki-manual cover to cover) – just extremely averse to doing work "the hard way" if I really might not need to...

There isn't any way to batch edit presets, I'm sorry to say.

I'm not sure I 100% understand what you need to do, but there might be simple things that could save a little time. For example, make a base preset with everything you need and copying it to all the other presets in the same group. Or, set up macros so that you have a "set up for AustinBuddy" macro, a "set up for Yek" macro, etc. so that you only have to add one preset action to each preset. Changes to the preset group would be easier because you would edit the macro once and it would affect all of the presets in your group.

Thanks, Ron. I assumed as much re: batch preset edits – a man's gotta have a dream, although the macro idea a Very Good Thing.
I think at this point I'll probably create a dedicated GT page for each major AB/Yek/Whatev group, with macros/expression blocks/etc. for the AFX3 presets in that group available on said GT page.

Back