Beating the Buzzer

Micah

So I am finally putting together all of the equipment that I have been amassing for the past year and have come across a slight problem.

I have a Mesa mark five going into a rack gizmo which feeds into effects gizmo, all of which is controlled by a mastermind GT 22. The rack and effects gizmos are controlling two shelves of pedals so the set up is really quite simple.

Everything seems to be going fine with the exception of a buzzer type sound that appears to be coming from the Mark five when I try and switch from the green channel to the yellow channel while using the mastermind GT. The amp appears to try and switch to the other channel but stays on the green channel, it will only switch to the other channel when I push the preset button again. This does not occur in the reverse when going from red channel to yellow.

I have tried using the included Mesa foot switch and directly pressing the function switches on the rack gizmo and the only time I can reproduce the problem is when I am using the amp control cable running from the mesa to the rack gizmo.

Any thoughts what this is or how to fix it? I crossposted to the amp interface cable thread because I'm not entirely sure where the problem is. Thanks in advance,

Micah

Back