Because heroes come in all sizes, even underneath....

AlexMania

Hi Ron,

You get plenty of love from this group, and that's not about to change. I just finished my new pedal board and something struck me. Because this is going on underneath the pedalboard....

under.jpg

This is the magic that goes on the top...

over.jpg

On behalf of all us spazzes that have more sophisticated ears than coordinated feet, for those of us that can barely step on the beat and need that scene to just be there, for those of us that have called you in a mad panic right before a gig and because much of the magic happens behind the scenes, I want to thank you.

Because you do what you do, we can do what we do.

I felt a pang of nostalgia because I'd miss the reassuring lights from my mini effects gizmo that controls pretty much everything and switch gizmo that lets the amazing El Cap give up a glorious preset, because these silent sentinels of tone just work all the time and in the end, it's never them that messed up (usually my stupid programming), I felt a little sad.

Then I realized, my GT would always be there winking at me, reassuring me that I could be as capricious and fickle and change my mind as soon as the gas built up, so I got all happy again and stoked at my new pedal board and appreciative that I can do what I do because you do what you do.

Seriously, love you, man.

You are the man and you are so welcome!

Temple boards (http://templeboards.com). They're a Canadian outfit and I love the board. They have a full complement of jacks that can be fitted to various side panel punch outs, which makes for a very customizable and not ridiculously expensive board. I really like it and consider it what PedalTrain for new Millennium should have been like (sorry PT, I still sorta love you). I have a 34" X 16 board with all you see mounted on top and on the bottom and it's significantly higher than the Pedal Train and because of all the perforations, mounting and cable management is a breeze. They have a cool pedal affixing alternative to velcro, but I'm sticking to the Scotch heavy duty stuff that holds great.

They have a four jack patch panel that I did something cool with (at least I think so). I took the output from my wireless into the back (W-Out) and jumped it from the outside to the input. This way if my wireless ever craps out, I can just plug a guitar jack right into the input and keep going. The other jack is a straight output and the last one is my expression pedal that goes right into the Mastermind and speaks beautifully with my Eventide H9.

power.jpg

jack.jpg

Nice setup man. I have the Templeboards Trio 43 w/ my GT/22 on it, and, like you, I also have a MEG and power mounted underneath. It's such a clean setup but, while I love the board, I gotta say that Templeboards' customer service is some of the worst I've ever, ever dealt with. They just don't respond when they're busy. I want to buy a second board from them, but three emails and a phone call later, nothing. I hate to have invested in their system and then can't get a hold of them for a custom order - I'm kind of stuck between overhauling everything or having mismatched stuff.

That definitely would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Custom District has similar boards but they're way more expensive.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I'm loving mine. I actually am going to order a couple of more support brackets, not for stability, but to help manage the mess underneath.

Back