BETA FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a feature complete beta test version of 1.4 for you. The changes are as follows:

FEATURES
  • MIDI Clock support, both master and slave
  • Tempo BPM display on tap tempo buttons
  • When tempo changes, it will be shown on the main display for 2 seconds
  • Each preset can now have a tempo assigned to it, and - when set to clock master - the GT will start sending the new tempo when the preset is selected
  • PC actions can now have a "button on" PC and "button off" PC
  • "Preset 2nd press" setting allows you to choose a special action that happens when you press the currently selected preset button a second time. "Preset" is the default and the old behavior - it just selects the same preset again. "Previous" makes the GT jump to the previously selected preset. "Global" selects the Global preset, which is an additional preset designed to be your "go-to" preset that you can access regardless of what preset you're currently on.
  • There are new button types: "Page Menu", "Preset Menu" and "Song Menu". These buttons turn all of the GT's buttons into a Page, Preset or Song selection menu so you can jump from one page/preset/song to another quickly
  • Changed the Axe-Fx and KPA device settings to have additional "slave" settings. These change how the GT interacts with the effect processors, making the GT in charge of the effect on/off settings instead of the effect processor. I'll have to make a video to describe this feature - it's a useful feature, but hard to describe!
  • Changed the "Get Preset Names" feature to have a menu. This allows you to select a range of presets from the device, and select where those presets are copied to on the GT.
  • Added (untested) support for Strymon Big Sky

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where the main display could have incorrect pixels here and there
  • Made the Axe-Fx device not allow incoming program changes by default - they were often more trouble than they're worth.
  • Assigning a default page of buttons now cleans up any "leftover" buttons that might be on the page that could cause conflicts.
  • Fixed expression pedal assignments for the Kemper Profiling Amp

Editor changes:
  • Lots of changes to support the GT firmware update
  • Added "copy page" and "swap page" options in the button page's context menu
  • Lots of bug fixes

It's really important that you back up your settings before upgrading!!! This update will modify your settings, so having a backup is insurance against something going wrong.

Firmware:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT14b1.rjf.zip

Manual:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Mastermind GT Manual-1.4.pdf

Editor:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.4b1.dmg (Mac)
http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.4b1.msi (PC)

Please test it out and let me know if you find anything!

Ron, you seemed a bit less visible here and I figgered you were on a well-deserved vacation. You have not been resting!

Thanks, some really great things in this update.

First thing I wanted to try is the new button functions (Page Menu, Song Menu, Preset Menu). However using the 1.4beta editor, after copying settings from the 1.4beta MMGT, those button types do not appear in the editor. Further small thing, in the 1.4 manual on page 27 in the section Page, Preset and Song Menus, the manual refers to the Button Edit menu rather than the Edit Button menu.

No, no vacations here, I'm afraid. Maybe next year. :)

Looks like you win the prize for first bug! I forgot to add the new button types to the editor. For now, those button types will have to be set on the GT itself and not the editor. But, if you load the settings into the editor and don't mess with those buttons, they should still be there when you send the settings back to the GT.

Thanks also for finding the manual typo. I'll get that corrected as well.

Hi everyone I think I found a Glitch... Axe FX II Firmware 12.01 MMGT Firmware Version 1.4 beta. I engage the Tuner, Tune up, and everything works at it should....Now without turning off the tuner if I change to a new Preset the Tuner display stays on the Main Display (doesn't work) but the Preset has changed and works.... The Tuner has to be turned off to show the New Preset name in the Main Display window....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back