Better way to link block logic for one expression pedal?

greiswig

I have a single expression pedal, and I have pages set up so that I have wah, tremolo, and Leslie effects that I can trigger via a button on the GT, and control via the expression pedal. But I am trying to set it up so that triggering one turns the others off. I don't want to have wah and tremolo engaged simultaneously, as a rule.

So the way I currently do that is that the Wah button sends off messages to both the other effects blocks when it is turned on. But now that I have bidirectional MIDI enabled, something isn't working right: the button that should be turning off is still showing up as being on, even though other CC changes update the buttons correctly. Some other things don't seem to work correctly, either.

Is there a way to form a button group such that turning one on turns the others off and sends all the right CC messages?

Using a actual button group (by setting the group number of each button) is designed to do that. You set up each button to control one effect block individually, set them to the same group number. Pressing one will turn on that block and will turn off the other buttons, forcing them to send their off messages as well.

I have a single expression pedal, and I have pages set up so that I have wah, tremolo, and Leslie effects that I can trigger via a button on the GT, and control via the expression pedal. But I am trying to set it up so that triggering one turns the others off. I don't want to have wah and tremolo engaged simultaneously, as a rule.

So the way I currently do that is that the Wah button sends off messages to both the other effects blocks when it is turned on. But now that I have bidirectional MIDI enabled, something isn't working right: the button that should be turning off is still showing up as being on, even though other CC changes update the buttons correctly. Some other things don't seem to work correctly, either.

Is there a way to form a button group such that turning one on turns the others off and sends all the right CC messages?

There's some information on groups here. A very useful concept, although I only have a couple groups setup on my GT.
http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Buttons_and_Pages#Button_Groups

-
Austin

Using a actual button group (by setting the group number of each button) is designed to do that. You set up each button to control one effect block individually, set them to the same group number. Pressing one will turn on that block and will turn off the other buttons, forcing them to send their off messages as well.

I just don't remember reading how this was supposed to work, but I just tried it and then also managed to figure out what the "allow all buttons off" checkbox was for as well. This is awesome!

Back