Blinking TAP/TEMPO and MIDI LED

Toopy14

Hi. First post.

I just picked up an LT and I've spent a few hours with it. Love it so far!

I've been able to setup devices, get the Axe-Fx tuner working, setup presets, IA's, download presets from the Axe-Fx, etc. I was told that in order to get the LT to display the Axe-Fx tuner, I couldn't have any MIDI devices between the LT and the Axe-Fx. So, I connected the MIDI OUT of the LT to the MIDI IN on the Axe-Fx. I then took a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT/THRU of the Axe-Fx and connected it to the input of my Roland MM-4 MIDI THRU BOX.

1572631394871-png.59644

From there, I go to the MIDI IN of my SDD-3000 delay, a Korg A3 and a Voodoo Lab GCX switcher. So far, I've only setup the GCX and I can turn loops on and off, no problem.

The only issue I'm having, that I can't seem to figure out, is that the MIDI light on the MM-4 and the GCX are constantly flashing. The TAP/TEMPO LED on the SDD-3000 is flashing, I don't believe it has a MIDI LED. It's not the MIDI THRU BOX because I bypassed it and went from the MIDI OUT/THRU of the Axe/Fx to the MIDI IN of the GCX and the MIDI light on the GCX still flashed on and off.

Anyone know why and how to stop it, if possible?

Thanks

There is constant communication between LT and Axe-Fx, that may be why the LEDs are flashing. You would have to disable a lot of the communication features between the two units in order to stop the flashing.

There is constant communication between LT and Axe-Fx, that may be why the LEDs are flashing. You would have to disable a lot of the communication features between the two units in order to stop the flashing.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So basically, it’s normal behaviour. I thought it may have something to do with power issues or something like that.

Back