Boost function: Mesa rectifier <> G-system <> Mini Gizmo

Xelic

I have the following setup:

Mesa dual rectifier
TC Electronics G-system for effects
RJM Mini Amp Gizmo to be able to use the G-system as a channel switcher.

It works great but I have one problem:

I have reprogrammed the boost button of the g-system to toggle the "hardware" boost function of my amp (preset 6 on the amp gizmo). However, I seem not to be able to store the boost function using "write" on the amp gizmo.

Long story short, is there a way to store the boost function in the "on" position for a particular patch?
Would spare me some tapdancing :)

Thx in advance

I've only had limited experience with the G-System, but I'm thinking it would be possible to turn on the boost switch on the G-System, then save the preset on the G-System (with the boost on), then use the Write button on the Mini to also store the boost switch state for that preset.

Give it a try and see what happens...

I had already tried that but it didn't work.
I fooled around a bit more with it but no luck so far.

So, to specify the problem a little more:

1. I use the "boost" button on the G-system to toggle "function 6" on the mini amp gizmo, that in turn toggles the boost on the rectifier...this works perfectly

2. When I try to store the boost "on" setting, both in the G-system and the amp gizmo, it is lost from memory as soon as I switch to a different patch and back. The weird thing is that when I switch to a patch that should have the boost function enabled the "6" light briefly flickers on and immediately off again.
Re-enabling the boost manually when a specific patch is selected works without any problems (both through the g-sys or the gizmo).

Sounds like the Amp Gizmo is turning the switch on, but then the G-System is sending it a messaage, telling it to turn the switch off. I can't really think of any good way to fix this short of getting TC to fix the G-System firmware.

If you have a Mac or PC with a MIDI interface, you could use a program to display the MIDI messages being sent by the G-System. That would tell us definitively what was going on.

I had contact with somebody on the TC forum who had the same problem.
Long story short: it's apparently not possible to make a patch "remember" the on/off state of reprogrammed button. Guess I'll have to learn to live with it :)

Thanks for the replies anyway

Back