Boss DD-500 parallel volume issue?

Cerk

Trying to run my Boss DD-500 parallel in loop 10 of my PBC but get a volume jump when I switch it in, even does it when the pedal is in bypass mode. Can anyone help me with this?

Normally there's a volume jump when pedals in parallel are not in killdry mode (i.e. 100% wet) because you're basically duplicating the dry signal both in series and in parallel. It needs to be 100% wet to work properly in parallel. Not sure why it happens with the pedal bypassed but if it's not already in killdry maybe it has to do with the way it processes the bypassed signal in order to keep delay trails going or something like it. If you already have the delay 100% wet, then that's beyond my knowledge and hopefully somebody else will chime in!

Yes, exactly right. If the pedal is in parallel, you need to set the pedal to 100% wet or you're going to get a volume boost when the loop is on.

Thanks for your help guys. Got it sorted. The "Killdry" function was in the system menu outputs as "Dry: Mute"

Yes, it would work. Would rather have the loop in series though as it ends up being the same, only more complicated to set up, unless you want to have it in parallel because of your routing arrangement (so that the loop feeds directly into the mixer out and not into the next loop).

If the pedal hasn't a killdry switch can we do this by the pbc's killdry?

If the pedal doesn't have a killdry switch or mix setting that allows you set it 100% wet, then you can't run it in parallel. Yes, you can turn off the dry signal in the PBC, but then it's not really in parallel anymore. I suppose you could run one pedal that has dry signal in parallel with multiple pedals that have kill dry enabled, but it loses some of the benefits of running in parallel.

Back