Boss GT10 > MAG > Peavey XXL

Something must be preventing you from getting messages from our help desk system... I had sent you a message last week requesting that you send the pictures again - I didn't received an attachment.

My work email system has a very agressive spam filter.... Last week was my error, the attachments were left off...?

I sent a new email this morning with 3 photos. Please confirm your receipt, via the forum, when you can.

Thanks!

Okay, I think I've got it now. Thanks for sending the pics.The information Peavey has is incorrect, but the footswitch PCB doesn't lie. :)

I will get a cable done in the next cable days and will send you a replacement.

BTW, if you're handy with a soldering iron, I can tell you how to fix the cable - it only involves moving one wire. If you're not comfortable with that (it's pretty tricky soldering a DIN connector), no worries - I'll get one out ASAP.

Sorry, I was out of town last week...

Thanks for the offer but I am lame at soldering, I just don't have enought practice at it.

I'm really impressed that you can debug a pc board just from some pictures - wow !!! I really hope this works.

Thanks

Thanks for all of your efforts - the new cable works great !!!

I again worked thru all the possibilties and found that it works with inverting
1, 3 & 5 (FX Loop)
or
1, 2, 3, & 5 (FX Loop)

Whew! I'm glad we finally got there. To make sure I understand correctly - are you saying that all switches (or at least 1, 3 and 5) need to be inverted for it to work correctly?

Yes that is correct, in order for the switches 1,2,3 to match the amp channels 1,2,3.

M.A.G. switch 5 maps to the FX loop, and that had to be inverted also.

One further note about the FX Loop; I was getting excessive noise in general, and audible clicking / popping while changing channels, after checking cables and everything in the signal path (I'm using the GT10 in the 4 cable method), I discovered that the FX switch on the back of the amp did the trick. It needs to be pressed "IN" to the "O dBV" setting as opposed to the "OUT" or "-10 dBV" setting.

Thanks Again, feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll make sure this gets noted so we get it right for the next XXL owner.

Back