Boss GT10 > Mini AG > Mesa Nomad: No Mesa Solo Ctrl

I just got my Mini Amp Gizmo + RRN Cable, and had the Boss GT10 changing channels in 10 minutes. Now I use the GT10 with the 4-Cable Method, which allows me to contrast the various GT10 OD/Dist options with the Nomad seamlessly = no tap dance!

I would like to use one of the GT10's Ctrl FtSw to toggle the Nomad's Solo function as well.
1) I set GT10/Ctrl2 to send CC Out msgs on #93= Mini AG sw6 = Nomad Solo Function
2) I set GT10/Ctrl2 "Src Mode" parameter to "Toggle"

Manually, the Mini AG sw6 Toggles the Nomad Solo on/off. Unfortunatley, when using the GT10/Ctrl2 it just acts as a Momentary switch, only activating the Mini AG & Nomad Solo function while the GT10/Ctrl2 FtSw is depressed.

I also tried setting the Mini AG sw6 to "momentary" and correspondingly set the GT/Ctrl2 to momentary also. In this case they do work together, but again, only as a momentary switch.

This is driving me crazy.... any help would be appreciated.

Hi
Why try to make it so difficult?
Set 2 equal patches in your gt10 one with the solo on on the amp gizmo and another one without it!!
DONE!

Dear GUIX;

Thanks, and I get what you're saying. I almost feel like I'm getting greedy with this request becasue just being able to change GT10 Presets AND the 3 Nomad channels is worth the price 110%.

In your example I could easily set up:
FtSw1: Clean Rythm: Nomad Ch.1, GT10 Chorus+Reverb
FtSw2: Clean Solo: Nomad Ch.1 + Solo, GT10 UniVibe+Delay
FtSw3: Dirty Rythm: Nomad Ch.2, GT10 Reverb
FtSw4: Dirty Solo: Nomad Ch.3, GT10 Delay

Frankly, I use Nomad Ch.3 as my Solo tone 80% of the time. The other "workaround" I thought of is; the GT10 has a "volume boost" and/or a "solo tone" parameter available which is OK; it just lacks the balls of a Power Amp boost which is why I feel that Tube Amps rule for outdoor gigs.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that possibility (a momentary CC pedal message coming in). I'll think about and see if there's some way to make it work. Stay tuned...

Think also that maybe you can use 2 banks instead of only one... or even o a song by song basis so each song is a bank and you have 4 pathes per song!

Dear Site Admin;

The Boss GT10 has kicked my ass for the past year with it's depth & capabilities, so I could easily be missing something...

I do believe I have set it up correctly to send it's CC msgs as toggle, at least the GT10 LED stays lit for the Ctrl FtSw. (as opposed to going off when set to momentary)

Dear GUIX,

Exactly, when I became resigned to just using the GT10 in the front end (becasue the Mesa Footswitch + the GT10 was a real pain in arse) I created Artist Banks; SRV, Skynyrd, Zep, Jimi, etc... so I could take care of several songs with a Crybaby 95Q + 4 presets + 2 Ctrl Sw

Thanks again!!!

What do you use?

I have a Variax + Line 6 Pod X3 Live + ampgizmo + Mesa nomad 100 using a version of the 4 cable method as I dont send the variax direct to the amp but from the pod effect send.
I also have a digitech rp255 + korg kaoss pad for further effects!
I use a bank per song.
Also use the pod for vocals.
This is very powerful as when I change patch on the pod I can effectively change:
- Variax Guitar Model
- Variax Tuning
- POd Effects
- amp channel
- Voice effects

So I can pass from singing with an acoustic tuned to E to a les paul with effects using channel 2 with a distortion/delay on the voice
pretty cool stuff!

Dear GUIX;

Wow!!! You're on a whole other level!!!
I'll never forget how giddy I was when I got my first Boss analog delay in 1985, and now look....It's pretty damn cool what we can do nowadays with this stufffff.

Thanks

TO: All

After many hours of tinkering, I think I have a decent workable solution.

I found that using a plain old Roland FS-1, plugged into the GT10's back panel "Exp Pedal 2 / Ctrl 3, 4", and reverting the Mini AG sw6 back to normal (i.e. latching) it works!

I did find one quirk;
If I change presets on the GT10 while the Nomad Solo is turned on, the Solo shuts off (which is perfect), but the next preset required 2 stomps on the FS-1 to activate the Solo again. As if to say that it needed to be turned off, before going to a new preset. So, to confirm this, I went to GT10 preset1, turned the Nomad Solo On and Off, then went to GT10 preset2, and sure enough, it only required 1 stomp to activate the Nomad Solo.

All I know is that - for now - it works for me.....

I hope this helps someone out there, thank you for your support!

Dbl Fat Strat Floyd Rose > 95Q Wah > GT10 > Mini AG > Mesa Nomad55 1x12 + Mesa 1x12 Cab

you could alter the gt10 contrl pedal settings from momentary to toggle it can be done in the system settings if I remember correctly

Ive been experiencing the same issue with my Mesa Mark V. The problem resides in the GT-10. It only sends a momentary CC #, so when you push it sends "127" then take your foot off it goes back to "0". The switching from momentary to toggle that 4x4uk is referring to doesn't effect the CC control.

rjmmusic said:
Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that possibility (a momentary CC pedal message coming in). I'll think about and see if there's some way to make it work. Stay tuned...

Ron, any update on this? Possibly allow the MAG to accept 127 to turn on, then when it receives it again it turns off? Thanks!

the GT will send can be either momentary or latched, depending on the pedal settings

taken from the manual

Moment
The normal state is Off (minimum value), with the switch On (maximum
value) only while the footswitch is depressed.
Toggle
The setting is toggled On (maximum value) or Off (minimum value) with
each press of the footswitch.

no problem your welcome

knew they did both jusr needed to confirm by double checking in the manual. Took a while to find the relevent bit

Attachments

• mmgt.rjs
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
4x4uk said:
the GT will send can be either momentary or latched, depending on the pedal settings

taken from the manual

Moment
The normal state is Off (minimum value), with the switch On (maximum
value) only while the footswitch is depressed.
Toggle
The setting is toggled On (maximum value) or Off (minimum value) with
each press of the footswitch.

That's what the manual says, but what the GT-10 actually DOES is completely different. I've been through the ringer with BOSS product support on this one and it does not send a CC# in a latched manner, even if you set the pedal itself to operate with a latched function.

The only real workaround right now is the one that Stratman found...

Back