BPM displays wrong value

ralphonz

Hi,

I have a BPM value entered for all songs in a setlist such as 115 BPM, however the button always displays the wrong value - it displays 115 as 115.1 but it should be 115.0 or 115, no where do I have 115.1 entered on either the RJM or my Axe FX. Also does this mean that the MIDI clock is running at 115.0 or 115.1?

Not all songs/presets are behaving this way, only some.

My Bad, the Clock was set to off. However, I've set it to master and the problem persists. Most songs are displaying the wrong BPM on the tempo button by .1 and on one song its out by .2. This is with the Axe-FX turned off too. Looking at the editor, the tempos are set at full values i.e. .0

I just tried some further testing. I have a song with only one preset, the tempo of the preset and the song is set to 154.0 BPM but the tempo on the unit shows 154.2. If I change the tempo on the preset and the song to 153.0 and send changes to the device the tempo displays correctly as 153.0. If I then change it back to 154.0 and send the changes from the editor the unit once again displays 154.2.

Other tempos I'm using that will not display correctly are 115 and 83 - they always show 115.1 and 83.1 respectively. 155 always displays fine. This is the case no matter which songs/presets said tempos are assigned to. It seems to be a problem with the specific tempos rather than anything to do with the presets or songs.

I'm not sure if this helps diagnose the problem?

Sure thing, here you go.

The songs/presets with the tempo problem are all of them in the Monkey Puzzle setlist except Adventures in Mossland (Forgive the names!)

Attachments

• mastermindGT16_Blueleaf.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Hello,
I've got the same problem with tempo with 3.4.3 (I didn't have with 3.4.1).
But also, now I can't easily change preset with bank up and down.
Bank up and down are on page 2 (same button as preset + and - on page 1).
When I select page 2 in order to select a far new preset in another bank, (5 presets / bank), If i take too much time (sometimes less than 5 seconds), the bank returns to its initial preset. And at same time, I see in main display a new tempo coming (150 to 150.1 without any action on AxeFx or MMGT).
Example : I'm in preset 523, if I need to call preset 508.
I select page 2 to see 'bank up' and 'bank down' buttons. I press 3 times on button 'bank down' (I'm still in a bank with presets 511 to 515). I have no time to press a fourth time the button to call bank below with presets 506 to 510, the bank page is gone to preset 521/525. And at the same moment, I can see a tempo on main screen.

Edit :
It seems it's a random time I have before the bank page returns to its last preset. Random duration before the tempo change appears, without any tempo changing anywhere.
Idea : Probably the time between two train of datas between Axe-Fx and MMGT changes the sync the MMGT sees ...

Franck

Last edited:
Back